Monday, January 17, 2022

Ornament Review: Super Soaker - 2021 Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Memories of a Super Soaker shrunk for your tree
Cons: The water stream is a bit odd
The Bottom Line:
Ready to get wet?
Warm memories with this piece
Water stream is weird



Is This Ornament All Wet?

Somewhere in my garage, I have a Super Soaker.  I never used it too much, in fact, I’ve rarely used water guns period, but it was a blast the few times I did use it.  So, when I spotted the Super Soaker ornament from Hallmark this last year, I jumped on it.

This ornament was released to celebrate the Super Soaker’s 30th anniversary.  (And now, we all feel old, right?)  If you are familiar with these squirt guns, you’ll know exactly what to expect.  The majority of the gun in yellow, but the tank is a lime green.  The ornament even has the decals on it, so you know this is an Air Pressure Super Soaker 50.

The one thing that seems a little weird about the ornament to me is the water shooting out the front.  There’s a good-sized stream, and I guess there is a strong wind blowing because it is actually going backward from the nozzle and looking like it is about to hit the shooter.  I’m of two minds about this.  On the one hand, it looks very cool.  On the other, it doesn’t seem like something that would happen very often.  The water is represented by a clear plastic.  As I said, it looks cool, especially with Christmas lights reflecting on it while it is on the tree.  Honestly, I didn’t even think about how odd the direction of the water was until I started working on this review.

The water aside, this ornament looks perfect.  Anyone who saw these water guns would know immediately what they are, and the ornament will bring back lots of happy memories.

Since the ornament is just the gun, you can’t set it out to be displayed.  In fact, because of the water, it is very awkward when you set it on a flat surface.

The ornament does tip forward a bit when you go to hang it.  It’s not bad; it looks pretty natural that way, in fact.  I didn’t notice when it was on my tree last month.

I know I keep saying I want to cut back on ornaments, but the instant I saw the Super Soaker ornament, I knew I wanted it.  Just don’t think about the weird water too much, and you’ll be glad you got it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.