Sunday, January 22, 2023

Disney Pin Review: Prince Charming Regal Carousel - Mickey Mouse the Main Attraction #7 - 2021 Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Good theme for the carousels
Cons: Mickey’s got to be tired of holding that pose
The Bottom Line:
Royal attraction
Gets a royal costume change
Mickey looks regal


Mickey Makes a Royal Visit

We are entering the second half of the Mickey Mouse the Main Attraction series.  And Mickey is kicking things off with a visit to the Fantasyland Carousel in this pin.

Back when they were releasing the Minnie Mouse the Main Attraction series, I took the releases to be Disneyland based, and I thought they referred to the seventh release as King Arthur’s Carousel.  However, I see that with this release, Mickey is visiting the Prince Charming Regal Carousel, which is in Fantasyland in Walt Disney World.  Either I got things wrong two years ago, which is possible since I live in Southern California and immediately think of Disneyland, or they decided to theme the new series around the other major Disney Park in the USA.  Obviously, I’m making a big deal about nothing.  The attraction is in both locations and it really doesn’t matter which carousel they officially theme this pin around.  I just found it interesting.

Mickey is dressed up for the occasion.  He’s pastel this month.  Instead of black, his ears, nose, and eyes are a minty green.  I don’t know why, but this also made that fact that his eyes are Pac-Man shaped in these pins pop out to me.  He’s got a cape flowing out behind him, and he’s wearing a royal vest in white and pink with some fleur de lis on it.  On top of his head, he’s wearing a royal crown.

The pin looks great.  It is easy to see which attraction Mickey is visiting, although, like me, most people will probably go with the carousel they are most familiar with.  Since both are royal themed, it doesn’t matter at all.  As usual, I wish that they had given Mickey several different poses for the series, but that’s a minor thing.

I know the Carousels don’t have the biggest fan base compared to other Disney Park attractions, so this one will probably appeal most to those completing the series, like me.  But it’s a nice addition to the Mickey Mouse the Main Attraction pin collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.