Monday, January 2, 2023

Reading Challenge: European Reading Challenge 2023

 I've long been a participate in Rose City Reader's Book Beginnings weekly meme.  And I've thought about signing up for the European Reading Challenge she hosts in the past, but I decided this is the year.

Obviously, the idea is to read books set in Europe.  The twist?  You can only count one book for each country.  This is what had tripped me up in the past since I know I will read several set in England, but I'm not sure about other European Countries.  So we'll see how I do this year with this one.

Having said that, I'm going to set my initial goal at the Two Star Adventurer level because I can think of at least two books coming up that will get me to two different countries.  We'll see if I wind up visiting any others along the way.

I'll list the books and countries below as I get them read.

1. Intrigue in Istanbul by Erica Ruth Neubauer (Turkey)
2. Murder on the Home Front by Jessica Ellicott (England)
3. Passport to Spy by Nancy Cole Silverman (Germany)
4. A Stolen Child by Sarah Stewart Taylor (Ireland)
5. Death on the Grand Canal by M. A. Monnin (Italy)
6. Mastering the Art of French Murder by Colleen Cambridge (France)

2 comments:

  1. I have not heard of this one either, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am happy you signed up this year Mark! Yes, it's the one book per country that makes it a challenge. Otherwise, I'd be like you and never leave Britain!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.