Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Ornament Review: A World Within #8 - Owl in a Star - 2022 Hallmark Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Good looking ornament
Cons: Not really that Christmassy
The Bottom Line:
Owl sitting in star
Doesn’t quite connect for me
But it still looks good



You’d Be Wise to Pick Up This Ornament

Most of the time with the A World Within ornaments, I see the connection with the elements and the connection to Christmas.  I must admit, with 2022’s entry in the series, I don’t quite get it.  That doesn’t mean I don’t like the ornament, but I don’t connect with it like some of the others.

This year’s ornament is a star.  It’s yellow, and you can see the brass connections at the top as if this were a traditional ornament instead of a Hallmark ornament.  The center of the ornament is hollowed out, and inside we see a white owl.  He’s got one wing up to wave at us, a red ribbon around his neck, and he’s sitting on a tree branch.

Okay, I can see the connection of a star to Christmas.  And it’s certainly a shape that people would get in an ornament set to put on their Christmas tree.  And I guess we have an owl because an owl is out at night like stars are.  But I don’t get the owl’s connection to Christmas at all.

This is a miniature ornament, but it feels bigger than it is.  It’s about an inch and a half tall from top to bottom.  I think it’s the thickness of the ornament that makes it seem bigger than most of the miniature ornaments I have.

Since this is a star, it doesn’t really stand on it’s own.  It keeps wanting to fall forward or backwards.  However, when you go to hang the ornament on your tree, you’ll find that it hangs perfectly straight.

You’ll find the 8 in a Christmas tree series marker on the back of the ornament.

Obviously, this isn’t one of my favorites in the series.  That’s not to say I dislike it, but it feels a bit weird and not as connected to the others.

I don’t see this one appealing as much to the casual collector of the series, but if you’ve been collection A World Within, you’ll still want to get it.

Enjoy the rest of the A World Within series.

1 comment:

  1. I like how the owl is waving! It be good on a tree with a wildlife theme.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.