Monday, January 2, 2023

Reading Challenge: Finishing the Series 2023

 I know I participated in a finishing the series reading challenge at some point in the past, but it has been years.  Since I'm signing up for a ton of reading challenges this year, I decided it was time to do something like that again, so I'm signing up for Finishing the Series as hosted by Celebrity Readers.

Yes, it really is as simple as it sounds.  You need to finish a series you've already started during 2023.  It doesn't matter if you have 20 books or 1 book left.

Naturally, there are levels.  I'm signing up for (gulp) the B List series finisher, which is 5-8 series.  Not books.  Series.  I'm going for eight series.  This is a lot of books I'm committing to up front, which scares me, but since most of these were already on my radar to finish this year, I think it won't be as much of a stretch as I'm making it feel like right now.

I'm not including any series where I was up to date on December 2022 and a new book is coming out this year.  If I did that, I could list a ton of series.  All of these books had at least one book (and sometimes only one) out in 2022 I hadn't read yet.

Unlike other challenges were I list the books as I read them, I'm going to list the books I am planning to read for this challenge now, and update with links as I go along.  I'll also list the book's place in the series.

Jan 4 Update: I keep adding series.  I might make it to the A List, but we will see if I get through all these series or not.  I'm planning to now, but things can always change.

Alcatraz Vs. the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson
6. Bastille and the Evil Librarians (co-written with Janci Patterson)

By the Books Mysteries by Tamara Berry
2. On Spine of Death
3. Murder Off the Books

Bucket List Mysteries by Ryan Rivers
0.5 Arbor Day Can Be Deadly (novella)
1. Aerobics Can Be Deadly
2. Barbecue Can Be Deadly
(Yes, a bit of a cheat, but I did read a short story with these characters back in October)

Cheese Shop Mysteries by Korina Moss
2. Gone for Gouda
3. Curds of Prey
4. Case of the Bleus

Connor Westphal by Penny Warner
6. Silence is Golden
7. Dead Man's Hand

Elvis Cole and Joe Pick by Robert Crais
19. Racing the Light

Frankie Chandler Mysteries by Jacqueline Vick
4. What the Cluck?  It's Murder
5. A Scaly Tale of Murder
6. A Scape Goat for Murder

Gaslight Mysteries by Victoria Thompson
24. Murder on Wall Street
25. Murder on Madison Square
26. Murder on Bedford Street

Kelly Jackson Mysteries by Janet Finsilver
5. Murder at the Marina
6. Murder in the Wine Country

Kinsey Millhone by Sue Grafton
24. "X"
25. "Y" is for Yesterday
Kinsey and Me

Nate Ross by J. R. Sanders
2. Dead-Bang Fall
3. Bring the Night

Quilting Mysteries by Mary Marks
7. Knot on Her Life
8. Knot of This World
9. Knot Ready for Murder

Stella and Lyndy Mysteries by Clara McKenna
4. Murder at the Majestic Hotel
5. Murder on Mistletoe Lane

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.