Friday, May 26, 2023

May 26th's Friday Post Featuring Passport to Spy

Welcome to another Friday Post, where I will be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

This week, for the first three, I will be featuring Passport to Spy by Nancy Cole Silverman.


This is the second book in her new Kat Lawson Mystery series.  I finished it earlier this week, and I loved it.

The book jumps right to the action.  Take a look at this opening:

As a journalist, I know better than to insert myself into the center of a news story. Especially when reporting on a murder.

That gets your attention, right?  Meanwhile, at 56% into the ARC, we find this:

“Viktor threatened to murder my mother if I didn’t help him. And if I went to the police or said anything to Hans or Erika about him, I’d disappear.”

I realize I'm not giving too much context for these quotes or anything about the book.  But I don't think the quotes need them.  They are great teasers all on their own.

As I said earlier, I loved this book.  It's official release day is June 6th, but my review will be up June 1st.  So, I hope you'll come back next Thursday to see what I thought about it.

Meanwhile, let's take a look at this week's Book Blogger Hop:

Are you reading more e-books lately?

I do feel like I'm edging that way lately.  I only wound up with two physical books in May, and I'll only have three in June.  I like to try to mix it up and be about half and half each month.  Hopefully, I can get back to that in July.

That's it for me this week.  Have a great weekend, especially those of us in the USA who get a long weekend.

10 comments:

  1. I'm curious for more! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great teasers that get my attention and raise my curiosity. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those snippets. I'm intrigued! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading Jonas by Susan May Warren. SO good!
    "I'm sorry I got you into this."
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a way to jump right into the action. I think the aspect of a journalist reporting on a murder is a perfect opening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good teasers and I love the cover of the book. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have the first book in my TBR. This sounds so good too! I look forward to reading it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to check this one out. The series sounds really good. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've really enjoyed all the books I've read by this author and this sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The book I just finished is an ebook ... A Nanny for the Rancher's Twins by Heidi Main. The first line is: "Laney Taylor stepped out of her sedan and breathed in the earthy Texas air." I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.