Saturday, May 13, 2023

May 13th's Weekly TV Thoughts

The Company You Keep – What a ride.  Okay, so there weren’t a ton of surprises, but I had lots of fun watching the events play out.  And they definitely set things up for a second season.  I don’t know that the ratings were strong enough, and with the writer’s strike, I am doubtful that we will see any more of the show.  But I’d love to be wrong.  Yes, this show definitely grew on me.

Race to Survive: Alaska – I’m surprised and glad to see the brothers be brought down a few pegs.  Granted, it didn’t last for long, but still, it was nice.  Things are looking good for the last all female team, but that’s not a surprise.  They’ve been at the back of the pack every leg.  I kind of figured they’d be out this leg.

Night Court – If I’d watched the original show, I would have gotten that cameo at the end instead of having to read about it.  The episode went pretty much where I expected it to, including the break up.  Which is good because I didn’t like Rand’s character at all.  Still, the big reveal (the one that actually got the gasp) was fun.  And, for the record, I don’t think that Dan is going to stay away for too long.  They’ve bring him back to New York soon.

Superman & Lois – Are all the secrets of this season out?  I think so.  Now, it’s just seeing how all of these balls play out as everything crashes together.  Also interesting to see how they are going to bring Lex back into things.  I knew he was coming on at some point this season, but I was curious how.

Gotham Knights – I’m not a fan of the addict mom storyline.  Not saying it is bad or anything, it just doesn’t quite feel like it is part of the show.  But maybe that will come into play later.  Some interesting developments, however.  Is the assassin really dead?  I feel like we came back from something like this already.  The Owl’s big plan seems a bit out there to be, but it fits with what else we’ve got going on.  And that cliffhanger ending?  I’ll definitely be back to see what happens next.  Why does it have to be in two weeks?

The Weakest Link – Once again, there were some rounds were I knew most of the answers, and they couldn’t seem to get any.  Of course, if I were on the show, I’d get all the questions I couldn’t answer.  Or I’d freeze up.  But it didn’t seem to be that they were freezing up.  They just didn’t know.

The Flash – I was not aware we were working on the season ending arc.  I thought this was a two parter and then we’d move into the finale.  So you can imagine my surprise when we got another to be continued.  I didn’t enjoy it nearly as much as last week.  Still better than some we’ve had, but it wasn’t outstanding.  I hate what they are doing with Caitlyn/Frost’s new character.  I was glad to see Marc back.  But the biggest question that keeps running through my head during Eddie’s scenes is who is that captain.  Because she’s not the captain we’ve been dealing with recently.  Or am I forgetting a plot point?

Survivor – So, Carolyn didn’t need to play her idol for Carson.  But I love that she did.  Especially since she started the episode so upset at him.  I get the emotion of the moment, and I was glad to see her move past that.  I also loved the look on everyone’s place when they realized she’d had one all along.  Plus, they took out Danny, who arrogance has been bothering me.

True Lies – They announced the show was cancelled this week.  I’m not surprised given how they placed it on the schedule (with a lead in of reruns).  But I’m not really going to miss it.  This episode had some fun moments, but it was just okay overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.