Saturday, May 27, 2023

May 27th's Weekly TV Thoughts

The last of my regular season finales were this week.  But I've got a couple of scripted shows running through the end of June.  After that, who knows when I'll have a scripted show to talk about here thanks to the writer's strike.

Race to Survivor: Alaska - I paid attention this time, and it looks like they leave them in camp for about a week between legs.  Wow, that’s a long time.  Or at least they did this time.  I knew this leg would be much more intense since the easy teams were all gone.  I honestly figured it would be the father/son or the brother/sister who were in last.  But the brother/sister are in first right now.  Father/son could still be eliminated, but I think it will be closer than it looked at one point.  It’s hard to tell since the teams have gotten separated.  Of course, there’s still a long ways to go.

Superman & Lois – I know I say this every week, but wow!  The relationships on this show are so strong.  I absolutely love how they are writing the characters.  John could use a swift kick upside the head, but I do understand where he is coming from.  In fact, I loved how both of the kids pointed out where their dads were out of line in ways they could understand.  Not happy about them sneaking around.  But the stuff between Lois and Clark and between Lana and Lois were outstanding.

Gotham Knights – Such great character stuff in this episode as they moved the story forward.  But those cliffhangers?  I mean, what’s happening with Turner?  And what did the video Harvey was watching mean?  I sure thought he was guilty.  Can’t wait until next week.

The Flash – Yes, there were moments I liked.  But overall, this left me feeling pretty blah.  Kind of last the last few seasons.  And seriously, that’s how we defeat the villain?  I’ll miss what the show was, but not what it was the last few seasons.

Survivor – I think, of the five left, Yam Yam was at the bottom of my list.  I actually thought that Carson had a good shot if he made it to the end.  I’m curious to see how he would have done.  But, after listening to the jury, I completely get why they voted for him so overwhelmingly.  And, I’ve got to see, it was nice to see an alliance stick with each other to the very end.  I can’t remember the last time we saw that on Survivor.  Plus, they were so the underdog so early on, too.  I honestly thought that Caroline would be out early (until Jeff talked her up on the podcast), but I was impressed with how well she really did.  And the fact that she wasn’t annoying to me like I thought she would be early on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.