Saturday, May 20, 2023

May 20th's Weekly TV Thoughts

One more season/series finale this week.  Of course, with a couple of episodes taking the week off and the shows that have already ended, it makes things appear very empty.

Race to Survivor: Alaska – Not real surprises here.  I mean, did anyone think that team that left would make it to the end in time to eliminate another team?  My bet is on the father/son team going next.  They are consistently in fourth, and the father doesn’t seem willing to listen to his teammate.

The Weakest Link – That first round was so stressful.  They had such a nice chain going, but I knew someone would break it.  Yep.  They seemed to actually be trying to build chains, which was nice from the teams that bank every time they get an answer right.  But they wound up doing worse for gambling like that.

The Flash – Truly, this storyline is so weird.  I get why they are doing it, but it just gets more bizarre.  And I wonder when they had to rewrite the scenes that Grant (Barry) had to miss because he caught Covid.  I feel like he should have been around more in this episode than he was, but maybe it’s next week’s series finale?

Survivor – They do a great job every time of making us think someone might be going home only to have them safe.  And if you had told me at the beginning of the season I’d be upset to see Carolyn go home, I would have laughed at you.  But here we are.  I really do like her.  It will be interesting to see if she pulls off the win or not next week.

True Lies – The final two episodes were enjoyable.  Not nearly enough to redeem the series, but I wish the rest of the series had been like that.  I’m a little surprised they told the kids what was really going on, but I liked how they provided a needed step forward.  And we got a pretty good ending.  Yes, not everything wrapped up.  I’ll call it more of a teaser on where the show would have gone.  It wasn’t bad enough to make me truly wish the show were coming back.  Then again, I probably would have skipped a second season anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.