Monday, May 8, 2023

Ornament Review: A Beauty in Blue - 2022 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Cinderella expertly shrunk to miniature size
Cons: Only if you are looking for a full sized ornament
The Bottom Line:
Miniature piece
Cinderella dressed for ball
Looking good while small



Cinderella is Ready to Have a Mini Ball

While buying the miniature Belle ornament that Hallmark released last year was a given, I debated a bit about getting A Beauty in Blue.  While I’m obviously a Disney fan and enjoy the Princess movies, I don’t buy a lot of stuff with the Princesses.  After debating for a little bit, I decided to get it, and I’m glad I did.

As the name of the ornament suggests, this ornament is of Cinderella, and she’s dressed up in her blue ball gown.  It is flowing out around her.  Her hands are clasped behind her back, and she is looking slightly to the side and smiling.

This is a miniature ornament, so all of that is in an ornament that is only about an inch tall.  It’s a little hard to see her face, to be honest, but if you look closely, you can see it.  Honestly, that impresses me with how small it is.

But anyone familiar with the Disney movie will definitely recognize her.  Her hair, the dress, everything is just as it looks when she is heading to the ball to fall in love with the Prince.  The dress really poofs out around her, and we can see multiple pleats in it.

Because of how wide the dress is around her, the ornament has a nice solid base, so you could set the ornament out to be displayed year round if you wanted to.  Personally, I would be afraid of losing it because of the size, so keep that in mind.

This does mean that we can’t see Cinderella’s feet.  They are somewhere under the dress.  So, we will never know if this was at the ball or as she was running away.  Okay, based on the pose, this was at the dance.  She was never this calm while running away.

Cinderella is perfect balanced.  When you slip a hook through the loop on her head, you’ll find that she hangs perfectly straight.

If you are looking to add some Princesses to your miniature ornament collection, you’ll be thrilled to get A Beauty in Blue.

1 comment:

  1. She is a beauty, but I'd be afraid my cats would run away with her. I always think it's cool how artists can fit so much detail on such a small piece. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.