Saturday, May 6, 2023

May 6th's Weekly TV Thoughts

The Company You Keep – Wow!  I was expecting something twisty, but I don’t think I was expecting those twists.  New allies.  Confessions.  Leaks.  That was definitely a ride.  I saw the car bomb coming as soon as Emma offered her keys, however.  I hope David is okay.  And yes, it was fun seeing Tony Shalhoub.

Race to Survivor: Alaska – As much as I think the one woman should have been at her brother’s wedding, I’m rather glad they didn’t get eliminated this leg.  That would have been horrible.  I expect them to go home in the next leg, but we’ll see if that happens.  Those claws marks on the tree were something else, weren’t they?

Night Court – They’re building up to breaking up Abby and Rand.  Not that I’m surprised.  It was rather obvious where Abby’s story was going.  Honestly, I can’t quite believe she’d go along with some of this stuff.  There’s nice, and then there’s stupid, and she has never quite struck me as stupid before.  Somehow, this will get Dan to stick around, too.

Superman and Lois – They really do nail relationships on this show.  Yes, it can be soap operay at times, but I really like it when they brings the characters together to apologize and work through issues at the end.  And I feel like the characters mostly learn from the past episodes so we aren’t repeating the same beats over and over again.  But that ending?  I didn’t see it coming until he entered the room and started talking.  Oh boy, are things about to get very complicated.

Gotham Knights – I feel like we are doing stuff, but the story isn’t necessarily advancing.  Not that I’m complaining because I am having a lot of fun watching the characters interact.  I laughed several times as the episode progressed.  And yes, I was on the edge of my seat several times as well.  I don’t see where this show might be going, but I am completely enjoying the ride.

Will Trent – I feel like that was anti-climatic in some ways.  I actually wasn’t sure if Angie would make it out of the episode alive.  But I loved her fight.  I can’t figure out how Will pieced things together, but I thought that might be the villain when he popped up again.  But really, I just feel a bit let down by what happened in this episode overall.  I think that will make my decision to not come back in the fall rather easy.

The Weakest Link – It is amazing how some episodes they seem to struggle to get any questions and others they seem to get lots of them.  But the bank balance is usually around the same.  It’s because of all the people like me who would bank all the time instead of trying to build a chain, of course.

The Flash – That was a great episode.  Not sure where they are going with the part 2, and it was very Barry focused.  But that may be one of the things I liked, it didn’t have the new characters I don’t care as much about.  But considering how pivotal that moment was to Barry, and especially the first season, I love how they played with it and gave us all, Barry included, some real emotional closure.

Survivor – As much as I’m bummed that Frannie is out, it was absolutely the right move.  She was proving to be hard to beat at challenges, so it was good to take her out when they could.  But I really can’t stand Nick.  I’d like to see him taken down a peg or two.  Along with Yam Yam.  I’m surprised that Caroline isn’t annoying me as much as I feared she would.  It’s probably because they aren’t showing her enough to truly be annoying.

True Lies – You know how I’ve been saying the show needed to try something new with their formula?  This.  This right here is why.  Helen and Harry were actually a couple the entire time, which was nice.  And the episode was the most fun I’ve had watching in a long time.  They were able to find new jokes.  The action was great.  This is what the show could be every week.  I hope it’s a sign of things to come, but I’m trying not to get too hopeful for the final couple of episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.