Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Ornament Review: Winter Fun with Snoopy #26 - Drinking Hot Chocolate - 2023 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Fun moment in this miniature ornament
Cons: Only if not expecting a miniature ornament
The Bottom Line:
Enjoy a hot drink
While walking in winter snow
Pals make it look fun




Enjoying a Warm Drink on a Wintry Day

While the topics are endless for Hallmark’s Spotlight on Snoopy ornament series, it must be harder to keep coming up with ideas for the Winter Fun with Snoopy series.  After all, there are only so many wintry things people enjoy, right?  But we have another winner for the twenty-sixth ornament in the series.

This year, Snoopy and Woodstock are enjoying a cup of hot chocolate.  How do I know it is hot chocolate?  Because they have marshmallows floating in their red mugs.  Snoopy is in a teal and blue hat and scarf while Woodstock is wearing a scarf, but that and the hot drink are their only defenses against the cold.  Since they are standing on a platform of white, they are out in the snow, too.

Not being a fan of cold weather, I can’t imagine being outside with so little, but I also recognize that too much more would hide who the characters are.  But I do love hot chocolate, especially with marshmallows in it, so that part of the ornament warms me through and through.  It’s another one that brings a smile to my face.

This is one of Hallmark’s miniature series.  That means, all told, Snoopy is about an inch tall, and Woodstock is proportionally smaller.  And looking at Woodstock showcases just how well they do the details on these miniature ornaments.  You can see the snowflake on his mug and two marshmallows floating in his hot chocolate.  His scarf is a little hard to see, but it is there if you look for it.  That is extremely impressive.

Since Woodstock and Snoopy are standing on a circular platform representing snow, you can set this ornament out to be displayed, which isn’t always the case for this series.  Granted, you’ll want to be careful that you don’t put it in a place where it can be easily lost.

If you turn the ornament over, you’ll find the series marker on the bottom.

When you go to hang this ornament, you’ll find that it hangs straight.

Drinking hot chocolate is definitely a fun part of winter.  That makes this ornament of Snoopy and Woodstock doing that a great addition to the Winter Fun with Snoopy series.

Check out the rest of the Winter Fun with Snoopy series.

1 comment:

  1. I have a fairly high tolerance for cold weather, but even I would not venture out with so little to keep me warm. It is a really cute ornament and I like that it can either hang or stand. I'd definitely have to hide it from my cats. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.