Friday, August 2, 2024

August 2nd's Friday Post

Welcome to the first Friday of August.  It's time for a Friday post, where I will be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

My teasers for the first three this week will be coming from The Key to Deceit by Ashley Weaver.


This is the second in a series about a female locksmith (and thief) who is now helping the British government with the war effort in World War II.  It's a fun book, as you can see by the beginning:

It's often a man's mouth that breaks his nose, my uncle Mike was fond of saying, and the bloke in front of me was doing his best to test the theory.

Page 56 is setting up the next scene.  We get this description:

The major pulled open the door. I entered and he followed, closing the door behind us. I felt a sense of nostalgia as the scents of the place hit me: old paper, silver, the comforting smell of warm dust, like an attic room in the sunshine.

I enjoyed this one.  I'll be back on Tuesday with my review, so I hope you'll come back then.

Meantime, let's move on to the Book Blogger Hop.  This week's question is:

August is National Romance Awareness Month. Do you have a favorite romantic book to recommend to other readers eager to celebrate love through literature?

I don't.  While there is romance in most of the mysteries I read, I haven't read any books that are focused on the romance.

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. This book sounds good. I'm going to add it to my Goodreads list!

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/08/02/book-blogger-hop-favourite-romance-book/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romance isn't a favorite genre of mine but included with other genres is okay as long as it doesn't overtake the main storyline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound like a fund book by its excerpts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading As the Crow Flies by Jess Mastorakos. It's super cute!
    "Dakota let out a very unladylike snort."
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOH. Put an e copy on hold at my library. I love the Tower Bridge, and this sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This series looks good! I have it on my TBR and I love the excerpts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.