Saturday, August 31, 2024

August 31st's Weekly TV Thoughts

American Ninja Warrior – Joe made it!  His runs always make me the most nervous.  I really want him to win it all.  I think his chances have gone by.  The kids are too good.  But I still hope he can pull it off.  I’m not that impressed with the legacy runners.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m a fan of both of them and was happy to see them there.  But everyone needs to go through the same process.  And maybe get rid of the racing, which favors the younger competitors over the legacy ninjas.  And yes, if I’m this upset by the format changes, maybe it’s time for me to watch something else.  If it were on opposite other things, I probably would.

The Challenge – The paddling during the challenge looked like fun.  I could identify with the woman who said she could paddle well on her own but not with others.  The food?  Could have skipped that.  Not surprised there was a memory challenge at some point.  I’m a little surprised they did it so early.  Okay, I’ll admit, I wasn’t paying close attention during the conversation/drama part of the episode, but come on.  You never go into elimination if you don’t have to.  That’s reality show 101.  And, sorry, but I’m not going to blame the man (again, I might have missed something) because it takes two people to not be able to reach a decision.  Both of you are to blame.

Press Your Luck – They got me.  With the title and the previous on (the guy I think about every so often), I assumed the winner was going to win the million.  Got to say, what she did instead was pretty legendary.  No whammies in the bonus game and all those prizes?  What strength to walk away, recognizing that if she lost it all, she would hate herself for a long time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.