Friday, August 9, 2024

August 9th's Friday Post

 I'm doing Friday Posts two weeks in a row.  Been a while since I've done that.  As usual, I am linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

My teasers for the first three will be coming from Death in St. George's by M. A. Monnin.


This is the third book is the Intrepid Traveler Mysteries.  It finds our main characters, Stefanie and Thomas, heading to Bermuda for a vacation.  Of course, they are going to wind up facing mystery and intrigue.  It's a mystery book, after all.  So I found the beginning pretty fun.

"I don't believe you're the kind of woman who craves peace and quiet," Thomas said, holding Stefanie's hand in the back seat of the taxi.

If you were that kind of woman, being the main character in a book like this would be a bad thing, right?

Of course, it's not all mystery and danger, as we see from this quote from page 56:

Stefanie leaned against Tomas. "We have our romantic cruise after all," she said in his ear.

I enjoyed this book.  My review will be up on Monday, so please come back to read it.

Meantime, let's take a look at this week's Book Blogger Hop.  The question is:

Some people find when the days lengthen in August, they have more time for leisure reading. Do you have a list of books you want to read at the end of summer? If yes, what titles are on it?

My reading time is pretty much the same no matter the season.  Maybe without as much TV to watch, I have a bit more time, but I'm usually working on DVDs when TV is in reruns, so I don't get that much extra reading time in.  Having said that, I have gotten a lot more audio books in this summer.

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a good mystery with a couple different elements to it.

    My reading depends on my 1 year olds nap times and my son being at school 😂

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/08/09/book-blogger-hop-books-on-my-summer-reading-list/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually read about the same amounts of books each month year around but I have noticed a drop-off in participation in Friday56 -- not only in people participating, but also in people making comments. I wonder if it is a summer thing or if people are losing interest in sharing quotes with other bloggers. Your thoughts on this topic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The time of year doesn't affect my reading time either. That sounds like a great book and I love the cover. And yeah, it's probably a good thing for the reader that the main character doesn't crave peace and quiet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.