Friday, December 18, 2020

December 18th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

 Welcome to Friday.  It's a great Friday for me - I'm taking the day off work!  But let's kick off the day with Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I'm featuring Death at a Country Mansion by Louise R. Innes.


This is the first in a cozy mystery series set in a small English village.  I just finished it and I enjoyed it.

Here's now the book begins:

The ice in her glass tinkled provocatively as the scotch hit it.

I'm going to cheat a bit with the Friday 56 this week.  Page 56 doesn't have any good quotes to pull, so I'm taking this from page 54.

DI McGuinness's warning echoed in her ears.  You could be putting yourself and your friend in danger.

That's it for this week.  I'll be reviewing this book on Wednesday.  In the meantime, I hope you have a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. I love that intriguing 56!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love provocatively tinkling ice. :D I think I need to read more cozy mysteries! Thanks for sharing and enjoy your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear you enjoyed this one. It sounds like a book I would enjoy too. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that cover. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love the sound of this and that cover!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.