Thursday, December 24, 2020

Ornament Review: Winter Fun with Snoopy #23 - Sleigh Ride - 2020 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Christmas twist on a winter activity
Cons: Does tip to one side
The Bottom Line:
Going for sleigh ride
Adding a fun Christmas twist
In fun mini piece




Time for a Sleigh Ride Just Like Santa

The ornaments in Hallmark’s Winter Fun with Snoopy series have included both Christmas activities and general winter activities.  This year, they are combining the two by putting a Christmas twist on a fun winter activity.

You see, Snoopy and Woodstock are enjoying a sleigh ride.  Or at least Woodstock is enjoying one.  Snoopy is pulling the sleigh with Woodstock sitting inside.  Based on the smiles they both have, I think both of them are enjoying it.

But what makes this ornament Christmassy?  Snoopy is wearing a pair of reindeer antlers on his head and Woodstock is wearing a Santa hat.  I don’t see any toys, but we can pretend they are out delivering some toys.  Or they are just having fun dressing up as they wait for Christmas day.

Either way, this is a fun ornament.  I like the fact that it makes a sleigh ride something with a definite Christmas feel to it.  Living in Southern California, I pretty much only associate sleigh rides with Christmas as it is thanks to Christmas music, but there’s no denying that this is a Christmas activity.

What I haven’t mention yet is that this is a miniature ornament.  Fans of the series won’t be surprised since this has always been a miniature ornament series.  Snoopy is a little over an inch tall, and the sleigh makes this a little over an inch wide.  As long as you know that, you’ll be fine.  The detail is fantastic for the size, so I’m not complaining.

Snoopy and the sleigh are both in snow, and that snow forms the base of the ornament.  You can set it out or add it to a display as long as you aren’t setting it some place where it can get lost or broken.  I’d worry about that because of the size.  Speaking of the base, you’ll find the series marker on the bottom.  With a 23 inside a Christmas tree, it’s pretty hard to see, but I trust that it is correct.

The loop for hanging the ornament is in the middle of Snoopy’s head.  Since the loop isn’t centered, I’m not surprised that the ornament tips slightly to one side.  It isn’t too bad, however, and a well placed tree branch will disguise it.

I love the twist that Hallmark put on a sleigh ride for this Christmas ornament.  That makes this year’s Winter Fun with Snoopy a winner for me.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Winter Fun with Snoopy ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.