Saturday, December 12, 2020

December 12th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Supermarket Sweep – My DVR glitched out at the very end of the first half hour, but I’m assuming the team didn’t go for the final round.  I don’t think it cut out that much.  The crash was something.  Definitely glad the inflatable was there.  Interesting to hear that the teams were having trouble locating them.  Seem like an obvious thing to grab, so it’s good to know why they don’t.  Although I’ve got to say, I can get very tunnel visioned as well at times and miss what is right in front of me.

Card Sharks – I can’t believe some of the answers they were giving in the second round.  Never go to that extreme because it makes the other person have an easy shot at winning the question.  Make them at least think about it.  Both players had some setbacks in the money round, but they still did fairly well.

Tell Me a Story – My local station cut into part of the second act for an extra set of commercials.  I think I figured out what happened during that time, but it would be nice to know for sure.  I’m thrilled Ashley finally is admitting her feelings.  And I couldn’t believe her mom, but with Ashley and her brother.  Speaking of whom, I’m not sure what is going on with his girlfriend, I wouldn’t let my guard down if I were her.  And the kidnapping story has taken a very dark and twisted turn.

The Amazing Race – There for a few minutes, I thought we might have a surprise with the football players making the final three.  But nope, the teams found a chance to help each other, and that’s the only reason they all made it through.  Oh, and read your clues!!!  I can understand DeAngelo’s rant.  He was really hurt by how he was treated.  I was very hurt for him.  But he did come across as a poor sport.  I hope he got some perspective when he had some time to cool down.

Star Trek Discovery – Anyone remotely surprised that the “one last jump” didn’t go as planned?  Yeah, me neither.  It’s interesting they figured out a way to get around the cloaking so quickly.  That kind of seems like a multi-episode storyline.  And I guess the admiral really wasn’t dead.  They fooled me with that one.

Christmas Caroler Challenge – I’m so glad this show is back.  Although it looks like there are only two episodes this year, so they are going to pick a winner from the eight teams left next week.  But that’s next week.  For this week, I was a fan of the group that was eliminated in the second round.  They’re fun.  Plus, I love that tight four-part harmony.  The first team in the first round was excellent.  I will be rooting them on all the way.  Still a bit cheesy, but definitely worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.