Sunday, October 31, 2021

Disney Pin Review: Haunted Mansion - Cuckoo for Disney Pins #2 - 2021 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Perfectly fun themed pin
Cons: I’m not haunted by any cons
The Bottom Line:
Haunted Mansion theme
Makes for a spooky cuckoo
Haunt you if you miss




If the Pin is Striking 13, It Must Be Haunted Mansion Themed

It’s a safe bet that if Disney is going to release something in one of their limited-edition series themed to the Haunted Mansion, it will come out in October.  Until this year.  I don’t know why, but we got the Haunted Mansion themed entry in the Cuckoo for Disney Pins series in February.  Yeah, it doesn’t make sense to me either.  Not that I’m really complaining since the pin itself is great.

Each pin in this series features a different cuckoo clock inspired by a classic Disney attraction.  I’ve only reviewed one so far, but they are pretty fun.

This particular cuckoo clock looks like a mausoleum with a clock face right in the middle.  There are columns holding up the roof, dead trees growing next to it, a gargoyle and a couple of tombstones in front of it, and a bird on the very top.  In other words, it looks perfectly creepy.  The weight hanging down from the bottom looks like a ghostly snake of some kind.  I’m not recognizing the creature, but I know I wouldn’t want to meet him in the dark.

The clock itself is inspired by a grandfather clock we pass in the ride.  Why do I say that?  Because it goes to 13.  In fact, look at the time, I think it is 13:22.  Not sure what time that translates to for us mere mortals.

I was looking at this pin, and I thought parts of it looked like it would glow in the dark.  So I tried it out.  After having the pin in daylight for a couple of minutes, I took it into a pitch-black room.  I was right.  The face of the clock glows, as do the eyes of the creature making up the weight.  I said it was creepy, right?  That’s a wonderful added touch that I just love.

I’ve been enjoying this series (more reviews to come, probably next year).  The creativity on display is just great.  This pin is instantly recognizable as a clock that would feel right at home in the Haunted Mansion.  It’s those fun touches that always make me smile.

Since this came out near the beginning of the year, it is now only available on the secondary market.  But if you enjoy the ride, you’ll be glad you tracked down the Haunted Manion cuckoo pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.