Sunday, March 27, 2022

Disney Pin Review: Main Street Marvels - Windows of Main Street - 2021 Release



Stars: 3 out of 5
Pros: Popular character honors a great Disney legend
Cons: Too hard to read the writing on the window
The Bottom Line:
Imagination
Required to read window
Pin could be better

I Do Wish This Window Where a Little More Marvelous

For my third review of the Windows of Main Street pin series, we’ve reached two firsts.  This is the first time I am reviewing a pin featuring someone I’ve heard of, and the first time I’m reviewing a pin released at Walt Disney World.  Unfortunately, I feel like the pin to honor Tony Baxter could have been better.

As many DisNerds know, Tony Baxter is an Imagineering legend.  He’s work for Disney all of his career, most of that time in Imagineering.  He’s overseen many things in the park, so honoring him with a window and a pin in this series makes complete sense.

The window itself is located on Main Street above the Magic Shop.  The upper part of the window says “Main Street Marvels,” while the lower part says “Tony Baxter, Inventor.”  It’s a traditional window with green trim.  The pin captures the look of the window from the park perfect.

But here’s the problem.  The plastic representing the window is so transparent that you can hardly read what is written on it.  In fact, I had to look it up to make sure I was reading it correctly.  They are trying to tease what is behind the window, but it doesn’t work.

The bottom half of the window slides up, and when you do that, you can see Figment against a sparkly purple background.  This makes sense since Tony worked on Journey Into Imagination, the attraction at EPCOT that gave us Figment.  I’ve got to say, I’m not the biggest Figment fan, but I certainly understand why we got him.  I’m in the minority on this one, but he has lots of fans who will be glad he’s included in this series.  Above Figment’s head is a lightbulb, but that’s in the upper part of the window, so we can only see it behind the “glass” of the part that doesn’t move.

I really wish this pin can been better executed.  I feel like this is an idea that just didn’t quite work out the way it was supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.