Monday, September 26, 2022

Ornament Review: Lil' Lightning McQueen

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Great miniature ornament of Lightning McQueen
Cons: All cons too small to see
The Bottom Line:
A little Lightning
Makes great mini ornament
Fans will race to own



Do Fast Things Come in Small Packages?

Hallmark is slowly releasing more and more popular characters in mini ornament form.  This year, they included two characters from the Disney/Pixar Cars franchise, and I had to get them both.  Naturally, one of them is Lil’ Lightning McQueen.

If you are at all familiar with the franchise, you’ll know what to expect here.  It’s Lightning McQueen, the red racing car, but in miniature form.  He looks just like he does in the movies, complete with his Rust-eze sponsorship on his hood and his racing number, 95, in a lightning bolt on his doors.  You can even see him smiling where his grill would be.

The only thing that would surprise you in the size.  Remember, I said this was a miniature ornament.  He’s about an inch and a third long, so you can picture how small he is overall.

While I am normally impressed with how much detail they cram into a miniature ornament, it’s not as impressive here.  Don’t get me wrong, Lightning looks great.  But it is easier to shrink a car to this size than it is a character and make them recognizable.  This isn’t to say I don’t like the ornament.  I really do, and it will be fun to have him on my mini trees.

Sometimes, Hallmark’s car ornaments have wheels that move.  That isn’t the case here; in fact, Lightning’s front wheels are turned slightly.  However, he still does sit flat.  I’ll warn you again about the size.  If you are going to set him out, make sure it isn’t some place where he could get lost.

When you go to hang the ornament, you’ll find he hangs perfectly straight, which isn’t a surprise, at least to me.  The loop is in the middle of Lightning’s roof, after all.

If you collect miniature ornaments and love the Cars movies, getting Lil’ Lightning McQueen is an obvious choice.  And, if you do, you’ll be very happy you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.