Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Ornament Review: 1942 - Bambi Premiers - Moments that Made Disney #7 - 2015 Disney Store Ornament



Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Beautiful ornament of a quiet moment from Bambi
Cons: None, and I planned to list one
The Bottom Line:
Cute Bambi moment
In beautiful ornament
Collectors will want




Stunningly Beautiful Ornament Commemorates the Premier of Bambi

As much as I am enjoying the Moments that Made Disney monthly ornament series from The Disney Store, there is a major item they have neglected from the series – Disneyland.  One could argue that Mary Poppins should be in the series as well, but Disneyland is definitely missing.  They seem to have pretty much hit the rest of the milestones from Disney’s life and legacy.

Why bring this up now?  Because, when it came time to write my review of the February ornament, I expected to knock some stars off it for that very reason.  I get that Bambi is a huge movie in the Disney cannon for various reasons even though it isn’t my favorite.  And this seems like, being the fifth animated film that Disney released, it doesn’t need its own ornament.  Then I saw Bambi Premiers.  It is absolutely beautiful.

The ornament depicts Bambi with his mother.  They are hiding out under branches during the winter time, and you can see snow over the top of their shelter as well as in front of it.  Bambi and his mother are looking at each other in for foreground, and in the background, you can see the dark winter sky.

Words and pictures don’t do this ornament justice at all.  It is absolutely stunning to look at.  When I got it and opened the box, I couldn’t stop staring at it.  The colors and sculpt are absolutely perfect.  Whether you like the film or not, this is a beautiful work of art.

Like the rest of the series, you can easily set this one out to enjoy year round.  The bottom is large and nice and flat, so there is no question it will be secure no matter where you set it.

Being on the large size, it is nice that The Disney Store includes a red ribbon through the loop on the top of the ornament.  This ribbon is sturdy enough to hold the ornament.  You’ll want to make sure you hang it from a sturdy branch.  When you do, you’ll find that the ornament hangs straight.

Yes, I still think the Moments that Made Disney series should have included the opening of Disneyland.  However, if including Bambi Premiers gave us this stunning ornament, I am glad it was included.  Any Disney fan will love this ornament regardless of how much you love the film.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Moments that Made Disney series.

Original Price: $19.99

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.