Friday, October 14, 2016

October 14th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

We've made it to Friday!!  Let's celebrate with Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week's book is a Halloween themed cozy mystery - The Skeleton Haunts a House by Leigh Perry.

                                                                 


This is the third in the series, which features Sid the Skeleton, a living skeleton.  Well, you know what I mean.  Don't worry, the rest of the cast are humans.

The book is a lot of fun, as you can tell from the first line:
Most people wear Halloween costumes in order to look scarier, but my best friend Sid picked his to look less scary.

No, I'm not going to tell you what his costume is.  You'll have to read the book to find out.

Jumping ahead to page 56, you find this gem:

"What are you doing?" I asked her.
"Working around the cops," she said, looking at her phone again.

There you have it, short and sweet this week.  If you want to learn more, my review will be up next Wednesday.

Have a great weekend.

10 comments:

  1. The title makes me smile but when I saw the cover I laughed out loud. Good one!
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds like a natural sleuth. LOL I keep meaning to read this series. I know I'd love them.

    My Friday 56 from Bulletproof Badge

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to try this series. It'll be a nice break from other things I've been reading. I really enjoy your cozy mystery reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cover is great

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this series! I'd love for you and your readers to check out my BB and Friday 56 http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsBTAC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect, festive reading!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved this series & hope we get to see it continued elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the review, Mark!

      And Doward, the series has been picked up by Diversion Books. The fourth in the series--THE SKELETON PAINTS A PICTURE--will be out next fall.

      Assuming, that is, I get it finished. So back to the salt mines for me!

      Delete
  8. Sounds like this could be a fun series - I'll have to add it to my list. Have a good weekend - here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a perfect Halloween read!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.