Saturday, October 22, 2016

Welcome to the Readathon

If I've done my calculations right, Dewey's 24 hour readathon is kicking off right about now.  And for the first time in a long time, I'm signed up to participate.  It seems it rare works out for me, but I had a free Saturday today, so I figured if I was ever going to do it again, this was the time.

Of course, at the moment, I'm still in bed asleep.  I live in California, and it is 5 AM.  Sorry, but I'm not getting up that early to start reading.  All that would happen if I did is I would fall back asleep.  I know I'll take a nap or two along the way, but let's not start out asking for it.

There's another reason.  I'm actually feeling a little under the weather right now, and I know I need the sleep.  Of course, I a day of lying around and reading will also be good for me, right?  So this came at an absolutely perfect time for me.

I will update things when I get up and start reading.  And I can tell you my first book is going to be Spy Ski School, a middle grade comedic spy mystery by Stuart Gibbs.  I'm actually about 130 pages away from the end, so I will be able to start another book not too long after I get up.  I'm thinking that will be a longer thriller (for adults this time) I'd love to be able to read in a day.  Perfectly opportunity right?  My only hesitation is it would probably take me most of Saturday, and there are other, shorter books I've also been thinking about reading.  Decision, decision.  If you have any advice to give on that front, I'm all ears.

Until I join the land of the awake, happy reading all!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon, Mark! I'm not participating, but want to wish you good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.