Saturday, October 1, 2016

October 1st's Weekly TV Thoughts

Second week of the TV season and only one show not on the list last week.  With the slow roll out this year, I haven't been hit with all the shows I'm thinking about all at once.  I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.  Probably a bad thing since I will give more new shows a chance than I truly have time to watch, but what else is new, right?

But before I start to get too philosophical, here's what I thought of what I watched this week.

Once Upon a Time – Not one of their better episodes since it had to focus on setting up the new season.  Having said there, there were scenes and moments I enjoyed, like the Snow/Regina scene and the Evil Queen/Zelena scene at the end.  I’m glad Belle stood up for herself and left Gold, although I don’t expect that to stick.  However, I’m very frustrated with Emma.  I could see keeping a secret until she knows what is going on, but by now she should have told Hook if no one else.  That just screams of plot device.

Big Bang Theory – Sheldon not talking during that meeting was hysterical!  Easily my favorite part of a fun episode.  Heck, I also enjoyed the guys playing with the eye scanner, although I was half expecting them to have it reject Sheldon.  I hope they aren’t going to lecture us with Bernadette, but so far I enjoyed this storyline as well.  So will we skip two months when this project is done, or are we going to see them stress about things for two months?

Dancing with the Stars – Is it any wonder I can get through this show in such a short amount of time when I put my mind to it?  12 days in an hour.  Of course, the judges didn’t get a chance to talk, so that helped as well.  But it makes the two hour results show extra-long by comparison.  Not at all surprised that Rick Perry went home this week.  Politicians never do well on the show, and they really aren’t great dancers either.  I’m actually kind of surprised he lasted this long.

Lethal Weapon – I may have a favorite new show of the season.  The mix of comedy, drama, and action is spot on.  I love Martin and Riggs and Riggs’s wife.  The rest of the cast is great as well.  And the action?  No slowing down at all.  I loved the running tally of the costs to the city.  I hope this show is getting viewers because I want it to be around for a long time to come.

Survivor – How long has it been since we had the two tribes go to tribal in the first two weeks of the season?  This bodes well for a good match up, although it looks like they are switching this up already next week.  Come on!  The point of the show is the generation battle, you’ve got to give us a few more weeks of it.  I must say I am impressed with how the Millennials are realizing how real this is, and that conversation happening under Jeff’s nose was pretty funny.

Designated Survivor – I wasn’t not impressed with the situation they gave us in Michigan at all.  Not in the slightest.  And I’m not sure what I think of the other survivor, although so far I like her.  She will make a good foil.  I do wish they hadn’t named her a Republican.  I think I would be okay if they had kept the party affiliations out of this like they did on 24.  But I’m still very intrigued by what they are setting up here with the mix of mystery and power struggle and the President is a very human, relatable character.  We can’t help but love him.

MacGyver – I wound up giving it a second episode to try to hook me, but it just didn’t work.  It’s an okay show at best, but nothing is really grabbing me and the characters seem like stock characters.  With my superhero shows starting up again next week, and my Thursday night bowling league through work, I won’t really have time for it anyway.  Easy enough to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.