Saturday, October 15, 2016

October 15th's Weekly TV Thoughts

My TV watch list keeps getting longer.  And with Lethal Weapon picked up for more episodes this week, it's not going to so down any time soon.  Personally, I'm thrilled with that pick up since I am enjoying that show so much.

Once Upon a Time – The Show is definitely finding its groove this season.  That twist on Cinderella was fun, but I’m enjoying seeing more of the old recurring gang like Whale and Hopper again.  The scene introducing Jekyll and Frankenstein was epic!  Definitely having fun with it again this year.

Dancing with the Stars – I’ve got to admit, Most Memorable Year week has grown on my over the seasons.  Sometimes, it is a bit obvious, but this time the stories seemed to be more moving than most.  It was a great with some breakout performances.  And with no elimination, things are going to be tight next week since all the stars were so close.

Big Bang Theory – That has to be the funniest fight ever!  Loved that final scene.  And poor Raj, constantly waking up like that.  Of course, he should have kept his mouth shut in the first place.

Supergirl – Loved it!  They are obviously setting up some changes with this episode, but it was still a ton of fun.  I’d been hearing complaints about the actor they’d cast as Superman before anyone saw him, but I absolutely loved him.  He’s just perfect in the part, and I want him to stay on the show full time now period.

Conviction – Yes, I gave it a second chance, and I enjoyed it more this week.  I’m not fully on board yet, and if I decide I have too much TV, it will be an easy cut, but this could be a show to follow.  Of course, if the ratings don’t improve, it won’t matter what I think.

The Flash – I wanted him to fix everything.  I’m not sure how I feel about the changes they’ve made to the show as a result of the alternate timeline.  Heck, they’ve even messed with Arrow, and I am very curious to see how they explain all of that for people who don’t watch all four shows.  (Of course, I feel for those people since they are all so much fun.)  I wonder if we are just moving on from here or if we will fix a few things.  I’m guessing that with Caitlin turning into Killer Frost, we are leaving things as they are.

Arrow – Felicity had the line of the night, most likely the season, and possibly the series.  Cheesy, but the kickers was “I’ve been waiting five years to use that joke.”  Seriously, best line ever!  I figured out the purpose of that exercise before they told us.  Pretty obvious TV thing, but it works well for a team exercise, too.  This new ally is going to be a problem, however.  And what is going to happen to Diggle.

Lethal Weapon – On the heels of the news that the show has been picked up for 5 additional episodes (total of 18 for the season), we get another great episode.  I appreciated that the character stuff was about something other than Riggs’s dead wife.  I did see that RJ’s new friend was involved in the crime, but I still like how that all played out.  Plus some more fun lines along the way.

Survivor – GenX is starting to go down, but the switch is coming next week, so that will change things up.  Can’t wait to see how it all plays out.  But Lucy was so stupid!  Didn’t she see what happened to Paul last week?  I mean, yikes!  However, she would have gotten away with it if it hadn’t been for that idol.  I think the fact that there is a switch is all that will save those guys.

Designated Survivor – I didn’t feel as lectured this week with the islamophobia story, probably because it played out in more of a political fashion.  Not sure I agree with Kirkland at the end there, but I loved the episode and the storylines and how things are really heating up.  Can’t wait to see what is going on with that phone call at the end.

Legends of Tomorrow – I didn’t remember Rip wasn’t going to be on the show this season.  Or is that part of the cliffhanger and we’ll find him again soon?  Either way, this was a fun season premier.  It’s definitely over the top, but I completely enjoy that.  And with two villains from other shows on here now, it’s feeling like we’ll have a more appropriate villain this year.

Girl Meets World – That really did not feel like a scary Halloween episode.  Don’t get me wrong, it was a lot of fun and definitely had a good message to it, but it wasn’t remotely spooky.  Maybe it was the It’s a Wonderful Life vibe making me think of Christmas more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.