Saturday, October 22, 2016

Readathon: Reading Memories

For a mini-challenge, Midnight Book Girl has asked us about our reading memories.  I've got many of them.  I can think of many times and places connected with books.

The first time I read The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax, I hit the final third, and I couldn't put the book down.  I stayed up that night until I finished reading it.

Then there was reading Owls Well that Ends Well and trying not to laugh out loud so I didn't wake my roommate, who had already gone to sleep.

It's been 20 years since I listened to And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie, but book will forever be linked to my car breaking down and me dying to know what was going on but not being able to continue listening because of that.

Then there's The Mystery on the Mississippi, my first Trixie Belden book.  I read it out at the beach while my family was camping out there for a month or so.  I really enjoyed it and knew I wanted to read more, but I had no idea who hooked on that series I would become as I got to know the characters more.

That's it for a trip down memory lane at least for now.  Back to my current read, Spy Ski School.  75 pages to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.