Friday, October 28, 2016

October 28th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Welcome to the last Friday before Halloween, and this week's edition of Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

If you are expecting a spooky title from me, you'll be disappointed.  Instead, I have Spy Ski School by Stuart Gibbs.  It's a middle grade book with lots of humor, and yes, a few dangers along the way.

                                                         


When I picked up the book and read the first line, I knew I had to use it this week.
The summons to the principal's office arrived in the middle of my Advanced Self-Preservation class.

Stuart always offers some of my favorite first lines.

Moving ahead to page 56, we find:

"We'll look less suspicious if we're eating," Erica explained.  "Like two kids who just went out for pizza, rather than two spies on a recon mission."

Okay, not as pithy, but if you know Erica from the series, that is still rather fun.

I'm reviewing the book on Sunday, so I do hope you'll come back by and see what I thought of it.

5 comments:

  1. The title made me smile and I think this is one I would enjoy.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun read. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so fun! I've been in a middle grade mood lately so that makes this look extra appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The title is different. Have fun writing your review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard this series is a lot of fun!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.