Friday, October 21, 2016

October 21st's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

We've made it to another Friday, so let's celebrate with this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This weeks' book is Dying for Strawberries, the first in the new Berry Basket Mysteries by Sharon Farrow.


                                                              




The book officially comes out on Tuesday, but I got to read an ARC this week.  I really enjoyed it.

Here's how the fun begins:
"I was buried in strawberries up to my neck!"

Personally, I think that sounds quite lovely.  And on page 56, we find these couple of sentences.

Muffin Mike buried his head in his hands.  We all knew what was coming.

So I just noticed a bury theme in the quotes I chose.  I never would have picked up on that otherwise.

My review of the book will be up for release day on Tuesday.  I hope you'll come back and take a look.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.  I know I will.  I'm participating in the readathon!

6 comments:

  1. Both those quotes are funny in a strange way! How does one come to be buried in strawberries? Definitely looks like a fun read.
    Here's my Friday Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buried up to their neck in strawberries... lol... sounds like someone will be full by the time they get out. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of this cozy! And yes I agree about being neck deep in strawberries - yum! Here's my Friday meme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy reading! Here is my 56: http://shoshireads.weebly.com/home/friday-566874505

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.