Friday, September 25, 2020

September 25th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

 It's been a very long week.  I've been working non-stop since almost all week.  Today's first day I've log out of my work computer before 10 PM all week.  I suspect tomorrow is going to be another very long day.  And I will probably be working this weekend, too.

But that's this weekend.  For now, let's look at Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

I am featuring another Christmas cozy this week - Dying in a Winter Wonderland by Vicki Delany.

                                                   


This is fun book in the Year-Round Christmas Mysteries.  But yes, it does take place at Christmas time, opening on Christmas Eve.

The book begins with this:
I had not planned on spending the busiest day of the entire year trying to calm a frantic bride.

Yes, this book does involve a wedding.  An ill-fated wedding given that this is a murder mystery.

Jumping ahead to 56% of the way into the book, we find this:

"As interesting as this is," Chris said, "all you've done is give us reasons people had for not killing Jeff.  No one's better off without him.  Except, as the police seem to think, me."

Chris is the main character's brother.  Of course, she's trying to prove his innocence.  But it doesn't sound like she's having much luck, does it?

The book officially comes out on Tuesday, and I hope you'll stop back by to find out what I thought of the book then.  In the mean time, I hope you have a good weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Sound mysterious...I'll have to check this one
    out...have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Christmas wedding is a nice twist on your theme! Hope you get a break soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like an interesting holiday read :) Thanks for sharing and enjoy your week. Hope you get some time to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm about to start this one and am really looking forward to it! I've enjoyed this series so far though haven't read the first book.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.