Friday, July 16, 2021

Disney Pin Review: Emoji Day - Celebrate Today #7 - 2020 Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Fun with emojis
Cons: Is it supposed to mean something?
The Bottom Line:
Using emojis
To celebrate emojis
Insert smilie here




I’ll Use My Words to Tell You What I Think of This Pin

When I first thought about writing a review for July’s pin in the Celebrate Today pin series, I was very tempted to do it all in emoji.  Why?  Because we are celebrating National Emoji Day.

National Emoji Day is celebrated every July 17th.  Why that day?  Because it is the date the emoji of a calendar shows.  And no, I wouldn’t have known that on my own, but I learned it when I was looking up this day.  Naturally, it is celebrated all over social media.

As much fun as it would be to try to write a review of this pin with emojis, I couldn’t do it.  For one thing, I don’t think Blogger has that capacity.  For another, I wouldn’t be able to find emojsi to highlight what I want to say.  I have a few basic ones I use, but I don’t use the great wealth of them out there.

You want proof that I don’t speak fluent emoji?  I suspect this pin has some message, but I can’t interpret it.  It has a blue background, and three lines of text coming from two different speakers.  We’ve got Mickey, Donald, and Goofy as emojis in addition to a globe, the date, and some other emojis.  Down at the bottom, World Emoji Day is written, and we’ve got the small silver square with July 17 in it.

While I tend to use words more than emojis when I type, I do appreciate this pin.  It’s not the best in the series, but it is fun.

I do have to point out that July 17th also happens to be the day Disneyland opened back in 1955.  I’m a bit surprised that Disney never made that into one of these National holidays, but since they didn’t, I do like the fact that the something to celebrate on that day anyway.

So send an emoji or two, and if you enjoy Mickey and friends, consider getting your hands on this pin to celebrate today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.