Monday, July 12, 2021

Ornament Review: All Decked Out - Spotlight on Snoopy #24 - 2021 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Creative, fun, Christmassy
Cons: None for me
The Bottom Line:
Snoopy as a tree
Fun Christmas series entry
A creative piece




Snoopy’s Substituting for Your Christmas Tree This Year

Since Hallmark’s Spotlight on Snoopy series is focused on Snoopy and not necessarily Christmas, we’ve had many entries that aren’t specific to the holiday.  As a fan of Peanuts and Snoopy, I haven’t minded in the slightest.  However, with All Decked Out, the entry for 2021, we are definitely getting a Christmas themed ornament.

You see, this year, Snoopy has decided to decorate himself for Christmas.  He’s wrapped a string of green and red lights around himself.  He’s holding a red ornament.  Even Woodstock has gotten into the act since he’s standing on Snoopy’s head and holding a star.

This is such a cute ornament.  No, it’s not incredibly detailed or complex, but it doesn’t have to be.  It makes me smile when I look at it, which is one thing I look for when I look at Hallmark ornaments.

It helps that the lights are clear.  While they don’t actually light up, they will let light through, so if you have this ornament in the right light, we can see patches of red and green on Snoopy.

As is usually the case, Snoopy is standing on his own two feet, which means you can set the ornament out to display.  It’s not as steady as I expected, so if the area where you are putting the ornament is going to be bumped regularly, Snoopy will fall over.

Of course, that’s not an issue if you plan to hang the ornament on your tree.  Snoopy tips forward ever so slightly when you go to hang him.  It’s only really noticeable if you are looking for it, and by the time you get some tree branches around the ornament, you won’t notice at all.

Since this is the twenty-fourth ornament in the series (can’t believe the number’s that high), you’ll find the series marker on the bottom of Snoopy’s feet.

I’m really pleased with All Decked Out.  This is a fun addition to the Spotlight on Snoopy series that I’ll enjoy for a long time to come.

Be sure to check out the rest of the Spotlight on Snoopy ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.