Sunday, July 25, 2021

Disney Pin Review: Stitch Crashes Pinocchio - Stitch Crashes Disney #5 - 2021 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Simple pin as Stitch transforms into Pinocchio
Cons: None for me
The Bottom Line:
Becoming puppet
Makes alien a classic
A pin that works well




Someday, He Hopes to Become a Real Alien

Of the first four pins in the Stitch Crashes Disney series, I’ve most liked the ones where Stitch was closest to his original color.  That trend chances with the fifth in the series as Stitch offers his take on Pinocchio.

As with the Ariel pin, Stitch is taking on the role of the main character.  That means Stitch has turned brown.  He is a dark wood brown with tan inside his ears and on his stomach.  The dark brown portions actually have some wood grain in them, which I love.  He’s wearing Pinocchio’s hat.  And on his arms and ears, he’s got little flourishes that look like detail in the background of the movie.

Speaking of backgrounds, the card that Stich comes on features a background from the movie.  We are in Geppetto’s workroom.  We can see part of a candle and a cup.  It’s the watercolorish background that they used in the movie.  Since Stitch is sitting down, it feels like that moment that Pinocchio first woke up at a puppet at the beginning of the movie.

And that’s one reason I like it.  Stitch looks very different, but he doesn’t look strange.  It’s easy to tell that he is supposed to be Pinocchio even without the pin backing, but if you have that backing, it is very obvious.

I think the reason this pin works for me is that they didn’t go crazy trying to capture elements of the movie.  In this case, simple is best.  Plus, some of the others have looked a little creepy, which this one most definitely doesn’t.

I’m glad I started collecting this series.  While the misses have been rather massive, when the pins work right, they are a lot of fun.  That’s the case as Stitch becomes Pinocchio.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.