Monday, July 26, 2021

Ornament Review: Happy Halloween #9 - Sasquatch - 2021 Hallmark Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Cute Sasquatch
Cons: Could use a few more fun details, slight tip
The Bottom Line:
Sasquatch goes for walk
Cute Halloween ornament
That will delight all



I Spotted Sasquatch!  Yeti’s Only in This Ornament

I keep being pleasantly surprised by the monsters Anita Marra Rogers comes up with for her Happy Halloween! ornament series.  This year, we get a close encounter with a Sasquatch.

As always, a pumpkin forms the base of this ornament.  It’s got two eyes and a wide-open mouth so we can see what is in side.  And what is inside is a Sasquatch walking through the forest.  In keeping with the series, he is looking at us and smiling.  We may have monsters, but they are always cute and friendly.  The forest is painted on to the back of the pumpkin, and we can see a full moon silhouetting some of the trees.

The best ornaments in this series have some great fun little details, including some creativity to the pumpkin that fits in with the featured monsters.  This ornament doesn’t have that.  The pumpkin is a pumpkin with a wide opened mouth.  The inside is pretty plain.  Now, hear my out.  I’m not saying this is a bad ornament.  Sasquatch is cute, and it fits in well with the rest of the series.  It is just missing those details that make the best ornaments of the series stand out.

As always, the ornament has a nice flat base, so you can set this ornament out to be displayed.  I may have to do that with part of my series since I don’t know that I have any room left in my Halloween display.  Anyway, you’ll find the series marker on the bottom of the ornament as well.

I was a little surprised to find that the ornament tips a little to the left and back when you hang it.  Usually, these ornaments hang straight, and I can’t quite figure out what is making this one hang crooked.  Fortunately, it isn’t too bad.

Sasquatch may not be my favorite entry in the Happy Halloween! series, but it is still a fun addition.  If you are looking for a cute Halloween ornament, be sure to pick this one up.

Enjoy more monster cuteness with the rest of the Happy Halloween! ornaments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.