Friday, December 6, 2013

December 6th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

Okay, so I kind of forgot last week since it was the day after Thanksgiving and I was out of town, but I'm back this week with Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

I'm reading several Christmas themed books this year, and the first of those is End Me a Tenor by Joelle Charbonneau, so that's the one I'll be using today.


Up first is the beginning:

Whoever invented artificial snow deserved to be shot.

And then moving ahead to page 56, we find:

The choir room was a madhouse.

I love that opening line.  I know the second one was short, but there is little to choose from on page 56 that isn't a spoiler.

Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

  1. I like both snippets, but the 56 is good short. You are definitely curious to know what's going on.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's why I went with the 56 I did. I was certainly a teaser even if it wasn't very long.

      Delete
  2. I've got this book on my TBR pile and I like the short snippets they leave more to the imagination.
    Come see my Friday 56
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages
    +New GFC follower :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been enjoying the book, so I'm sure you will when you get to it.

      Thanks for the follow, and I've followed you back.

      Delete
  3. Ok. No artificial snow. I wonder where they were finds it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can buy it for decorating purposes. That is why they wanted it here after all.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.