Saturday, February 1, 2020

February 1st's Weekly TV Thoughts

Two series finales this week.  Two!  And both were bittersweet endings as well.

American Ninja Warrior: USA Vs. the World – Europe really seems to struggle in this competition each year.  I do hope they give the other countries a chance to try out the course since the USA athletes have competed on it before.  I suspect Drew kept going because he knew he wasn’t going to be able to climb either way.  Impressive that he finished stage 3 again.  Here’s hoping he is okay for the new season.  And congrats to Australia on their win.

Batwoman – It took them this long, but I am beginning to role my eyes at the preaching from the show.  Seriously?  In this day and age you wouldn’t call a superhero because he/she came out?  Sorry, I’m not buying it.  Did I miss something, or is Mouse alive or dead?  I figured Beth was toast in the car.  (Pun always intended.)  I was so on the edge of my seat waiting for the car to explode.  I couldn’t believe it when Kate rescued her.  But now, it looks like she will be in serious trouble next week with her and Alice not being able to be on the same planet.  I doubt that will end well.

Supergirl – I wasn’t tracking that of course Toyman’s son would also be Winn when the episode first started.  It was so great to see him again.  But can we get by without the throwing up mind meld parts of the episodes now?  We get it.  I would have liked to see Lex not be evil for a while.  I just hope Lena stops before it is too late for her.

Arrow – I was doing pretty well with the episode until the final act.  That’s when I started to cry.  I still really, really wish that we could have gotten Oliver to live happily ever after alive, but if they had to kill him off, this was a great final episode.  And so many wonderful cameos, including more crossover, which I was expecting.  After all, could they really say goodbye without those characters there, even for the few minutes they showed up?  And with Diggle moving to Metropolis, does that mean he will be in the new Superman and Lois show?  I’d always rooted for Thea and Roy, so I was glad they wound up together.

The Good Place – Another extremely bittersweet series finale.  I was afraid this was where they were going to go after last week.  It was beautifully written and acted.  There were some funny bits.  And they worked in quite a few of the supporting characters.  But couldn’t we have seen them happy in the Good Place and left it there?  On the other hand, so many wonderful moments.  I’ve got to say, I was tearing up more at the interview with the cast afterwards.  You can feel how much they have come to care for each other.  That just makes the show more special to me.  Season 4 wasn’t the strongest season by far, but it was still a show worth watching.

Carol’s Second Act – Definitely one of the better episodes of the show.  Okay, so neither storyline was super surprising, but they had some good laughs and moments along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.