Friday, August 12, 2022

August 12th's Friday Post

Welcome to another Friday and this week's Friday post.  As usual, I will be linking up to:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

This week's snippets will be coming from Salt Water Wounds, the fourth Sabrina Salter Mystery from C. Michele Dorsey.

This book is set on the island of St. John two months after Hurricane Irma hit the island in 2017.  Which provides a little background to understand the opening:

Sabrina had never wanted a chicken badly enough to kill.  Until now.

That certainly grabbed my attention.

Meanwhile, on page 56, we find this:

Neil didn't hold back.  He had spent all of his patience and composure waiting to make sure the body in the rubble wasn't [Spoiler].  He had nothing left.  He didn't care that Hodge wore a badge.  And carried a gun.

Yes, I did remove a character's name to remove any hit of a spoiler (not that I was surprised by that plot point when I was reading the book).

This was a great book that fans of the series will enjoy.  I'll be posting my full review next Thursday.

Meanwhile, let's look at this week's Book Blogger Hop question, shall we?

What are some of your favorite books?

Why do I suddenly have "These are a few of my favorite things" from The Sound of Music running through my head?

I hate questions like this.  I always blank on favorites, or think of something I'm leaving off the list later

I do have to give a shout out to The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax.  I love that series.  If you haven't read it, I highly recommend you check it out.  You might even figure out where I took my Carstairs user name.

I'm going to also list a couple of books where I have cameos - Hide and Snoop by Sue Ann Jaffarian and Death of a Russian Doll by Barbara Early.

The links on all three will take you to my review here on my blog.

Are these absolute favorite books?  I don't know.  But they are books I really enjoyed and make me smile when I think about them.

11 comments:

  1. That really caught my attention as well. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first line today is from the excellent book by Elizabeth Musser:
    By Way of the Moonlight:
    Atlanta, Georgia Thursday, March 5, 2020
    DINOSAUR BONES FOUND IN BUCKHEAD BACKYARD

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is definitely an attention-grabbing opener. I'm intrigued! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good book. I get stumped on favourite books. There are so many great ones out there!

    I will have to check that series out at some point.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/12/friday-56-circe-by-madeline-miller/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That opening line sure does grab your attention. Another book for me to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that opener has us all like, 'What?!" LOL. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salt Water Wounds sounds like one I need to pick up.

    As for favorite books, I do enjoy Mrs. Pollifax!

    Stop by and see what I'm reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Listing favorite books is hard sometimes.
    Salt Water Wounds has a good opening. It really grab my attention

    my post: . https://snapdragon0blog.wordpress.com/2022/08/12/blog-hop-what-are-some-of-my-favorite-books/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds interesting! I shared the first line from Forged in Steele by Susanne Sleeman. https://daniellegrandinetti.com/2022/08/12/forged-in-steele/
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite books mainly come from my childhood. There's something magical about reading in that era of my life, and nothing I read now can recapture those feelings of discovery of new worlds and characters and ideas. Only exception is The Plantagenets: The Warrior Kings and Queens Who Made England by Dan Jones. My fave historian ever, and the book where I first met Eleanor of Aquitaine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.