Sunday, August 14, 2022

Disney Pin Review: Pirates of the Caribbean - Mickey Mouse the Main Attraction #2 - 2022 Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Good detail and a fun pin
Cons: Would be nice if Mickey changed position
The Bottom Line:
Mickey turns pirate
And having fun doing it
Good second entry


Mickey is Having Fun as a Pirate

While I wasn’t impressed with the first release in the Mickey Mouse the Main Attraction series, I’m happy to say that the second pin is much better.

The series is hitting the same classic Disney Park attractions in the same order that Minnie Mouse did a couple years ago.  That means that the second release finds Mickey traveling from Space Mountain across the park to Pirates of the Caribbean.  And he’s clearly having fun with his new destination.

The pin releases for this series are one giant pin, and they feature Mickey in the same basic pose.  He’s standing with one leg sticking out toward us, but looking out in the distance with a smile on his face.  It’s his costume that changes.  And they’ve really dressed him up well.  He looks like a pirate in his formal best.  You know, with a few skulls on his clothes because – pirate.  But still, I love the pattern on there and how fancy he looks.  We have a pin on pin detail for the hat on Mickey’s head.

As I said at the start, this pin looks wonderful.  It quickly and easily captures the spirit of the ride.  If you saw it without any context, you’d know exactly what is going on.  Some of Mickey’s coloring is gold to go with the theme of the ride, and it is subtle and works as well.

If this pin hadn’t been good, I probably would have stopped with the series, but I am happy I gave it a second chance.  Any fan of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride will be happy to have it as well.

1 comment:

  1. Not a pin collector OR much of a Disney fan. BUT, if you're happy with it, that's a great thing! I see in your side notes you're a ultimate player. My oldest son is also a player. My husband was instrumental in getting disc golf courses designed & established in Seattle so the boys grew up playing various disc sports. We have a golf course within walking distance and it's always a fun couple hours on a nice day. Thanks for the visit!
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.