Sunday, August 7, 2022

August 7th's Sunday/Monday Post

Welcome to Sunday, and another Sunday/Monday post.  As usual, I will be checking in with:

Sunday Post
Sunday Salon
Stacking the Shelves
Mailbox Monday
It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

It was a fairly quiet week this week.  I was staying home resting up when I wasn't working from home.  I tested negative for Covid when I took a test Thursday, so it appears it is now behind me.  I do still have a bit of a cough occasionally, but nothing major.

Which means I went out paddle boarding again today.  First time since I left for my cruise.  The high school youth group from church was having a day at the lake, so my friend and I stopped by and hung out with them for a bit, letting a few of the youth take spins on the lake.  Well, at least right around where we were.  It was fairly windy, and there wouldn't have been time for all of them to go all the way around the lake anyway.

I also had my federal jury service postponed on me yet again.  Now, I don't have to go down until the middle of October.  It's good because this week is going to be busy, but I do wish that I could just get it over with.

I keep forgetting to mention what I might be watching that isn't part of my Saturday TV Thoughts posts.  I'm actually working on Quantum Leap right now.  I've had the DVD sets for years, but I decided now was the time to see how far I could get into them before the reboot airs this fall.  I just started season 2 this week, so I'll probably only be in season 3 when the new one starts.  I'd watched a few episodes here and there over the years, enough to know I liked it, but never a bunch of them like this.  I'm enjoying it.

This Past Week on the Blog:


This Coming Week on the Blog:

Sunday - TV Show Review: Survivor Borneo
Monday - Ornament Review: Happy 100th, Charles M. Schultz
Tuesday - Book Review: A Dish to Die For by Lucy Burdette
Wednesday - Movie Review: Joker
Thursday - Book Review: Murder on Trinity Place by Victoria Thompson
Friday - Friday Post
Saturday - Weekly TV Thoughts

Book Haul:

I had another large haul this week.  It all started with a Kindle sale on This Side of Murder by Anna Lee Huber.  Since I had been eyeing the series for a while, I had to snag it.

This, I got two books directly from the author.  I've reviewed books from C. Michelle Dorsey before, and she offered to send me these books, so I said yes.  After all, I was planning to buy them anyway.  The first was Salt Water Wounds, the fourth in her Sabrina Salter Mysteries set on the island of St. John.  I've always enjoyed the series, so I'm looking forward to this one.  She also sent me Oh Danny Girl, the first in a new series from her.

One of my pre-orders from earlier in the year was released this week, and it arrived as well.  Round Up the Usual Peacocks is the newest Meg Langslow mystery from Donna Andrews.  The series is always wonderful, and I'm hoping to dive into it soon.

Finally, I borrowed "V" is for Vengeance by Sue Grafton from the library.  This is an audio book.

What I'm Currently Reading:

This is going to look rather familiar.

Friday night, I finished Gone but Not Furgotten by Cate Conte.  This one seemed to take forever to get going, but once it did, the plot was good.  Still need to write the review for this one, but since I'm planning to review it on the 16th, I've got some time.

So currently?  I'm reading Salt Water Wounds by C. Michelle Dorsey.  No, I won't read the other book from her right away, but I need to find out what is happening with Sabrina.  As I type this on Saturday night, I'm only about 30 pages into it since I didn't have much of a chance to read today.  But so far, it's good.

And, I'm listening to "V" is for Vengeance.  I'm almost half way into it already, and I'm enjoying it.  Not quite sure if I will make as much progress in it this coming week, but I hope so.

That's a wrap for this week.  Hope you have a great week.

25 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better and tested negative for COVID. Quantum Leap was one of my favorite shows! I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wanted to try Huber for a while as well, so I may have to jump on that sale! Glad to hear you tested negative for Covid. That's always a relief. I always enjoy revisiting favorite shows, or exploring new ones that click.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are better and the test was negative. Luckily you have such great reads to help recover completely. Take care of yourself and enjoy your new books!!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you tested negative and are resting up. I keep getting new germs that my son brings home. He is going to start school in September so it will only get worse!

    A good looking book haul.

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/08/07/sunday-post-43/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better and that all you have left is an occasional cough. That Covid!

    You did have a large haul this week, but everything you received looks like something you are happy to receive, and that's good.

    Have a good week, Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you are testing negative. I have stayed in that place throughout, but one never knows when it will strike.

    Like Jury Duty! I used to get a notice every year, but haven't received one in a few years now. Knock wood.

    Enjoy your week, and I love those Sue Grafton books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I watched a few episodes of Quantum Leap back when it was on. I might give it another try! Glad you tested negative for Covid, hope you keep getting better. I had a summons for grand jury this summer and I was sad I didn't get chosen as it is only one day a month for 6 months I think? Maybe a year? Oh well. Have a good week!
    Lisa Loves Literature

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are negative. Hope you are doing well. Those books look really good. I have Gone But Not Furgotten. I love that series. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoy the books you got from your haul.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're feeling better and tested negative. I hope you have a great week. Happy reading and watching! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you're feeling better. I'm slowly but surely collecting the Sue Grafton series on ebook. Whenever there's a deal on one I grab it up. I haven't started it yet, but it's high on my list. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good haul. I should get back to Sue Grafton's novels. Have a good week. http://www.lyndonperrywriter.com/2022/08/stacking-shelves-weekly-roundup-for-aug.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed the Sue Grafton alphabet novels. I love that they are set in Santa Barbara (where she lived until she died a few years ago) so I can picture all the streets she talks about.

    I am glad you're testing negative and able to get out and about. The cough does linger for a while.

    I had to go down to LA for federal jury duty. I spent all day but wasn't chosen for the (super interesting!) trial.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Medical wisdom says you should rest as much as possible for at least 4 weeks post CoVid no matter how mild, as it reduces the risk of later complications and long CoVid.
    I loved Quantum Leap, I’m a bit wary of the reboot but I’ll give it a chance.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great news on the test result! Enjoy your reading this week - and the viewing!
    Mary @Bookfan

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I have Sue Grafton's X still to read.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've always wanted to read Sue Grafton's Alphabet series! I've heard many good things about them. I hope you enjoy it and your other new books. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I only recently discovered the Meg Langslow series. I reviewed Round Up the Usual Peacocks and have Dashing Through the Snowbirds on my review stack. I just listened to Murder with Peacocks. I like that I don't feel like I have to read the stories in order. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So glad you're feeling better. I used to love Quantum Leap. I think we have the DVDs at home, too.

    Great books this week. I've been eyeing This Side of Murder. Hope you enjoy all your books. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope you enjoy the Anna Lee Huber book when you get to it. I think you will.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you are Covid free and able to enjoy your outings again. The books look like good mystery fair. I had to laugh at the title Murder of a Mail Order Bride since I like to pick up Mail Order Bride stories now and then for light romance...not murder. :-)
    I agree on the Dead Cat Bounce - it's okay but not compelling.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A great list of books. I still have to finish the Grafton book - from V on. Happy reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So glad you're feeling better! I loved Round Up the Usual Peacocks. That series is always so fun. You got some great new books! The Anna Lee Huber series is one of my favorites. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is a great haul! Enjoy your reading. 📚

    I hope you are having a good week. 🌞

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yeah that you're feeling better! And sounds like a pretty great week! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.