Friday, August 5, 2022

August 5th's Friday Post

Hello and welcome to Friday.  I took a couple weeks off for vacation, but I'm back for a Friday post today, where I will be participating in:

Book Beginnings
First Line Friday
Friday 56
Book Blogger Hop

My teasers for the first three will be coming from Murder on Trinity Place by Victoria Thompson.

This is one of the newer books in her popular Gaslight Mysteries series set in New York City.  I'm still a couple behind, but I'm almost caught up.  This book opens in the final week of 1899, and this is how it begins:

"All he ever talks about is milk."

As soon as I saw that, I knew I had to use it for a Book Beginnings and First Line Friday.  It's a great sentence to pull you in, right?

For Friday 56, let's move ahead to page 56, where we find this:

"I don't want to pry into your business.  I'm sure Miss Kirkwood and Miss Hanson told you that we don't need to know your circumstances unless you want to tell us."
"But you're curious about why a duchess needs to come to a place like this," she said bitterly.

I really enjoyed this book.  My review will be up next Thursday, so I hope you'll stop by then and read it.

Meantime, let's visit the Book Blogger Hop.  This week's question is:

Have you ever switched reading genres? If so, why?

I read across genres more as a kid.  Yes, I read some mysteries, but I read some science fiction and fantasy as well.  After college, I've fallen into mystery, and I can't get out, not that I'm trying that hard.  Yes, I still read the occasional non-mystery, usually a kid's book that falls into another category, but not enough to say I've switched genres.

That's it for this week.  Have a wonderful weekend.

13 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed this book. It looks like a good mystery. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing and happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first line is from Crossfire by Lynette Eason:
    FBI Special Agent Julianna Jameson glanced at the alert on her phone. “Hostage situation in progress.” she murmured, reading the text aloud.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great opener! Sounds like a fun read. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds interesting. I do switch up genres, more so than I used to. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a weird first line and character if that's what he really does... LOL... Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This series really sounds like such a good series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back! That is a terrific opening sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! This book has such an interesting first line! Perfect for this meme!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading Raising Kids Who Care by Susy Lee.
    "In a Harvard University study, a massive 96 percent of parents said they wanted to raise ethical, caring children."
    Hope you have a lovely weekend. 😀❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to read this series! I love her Counterfeit Lady series.

    I'm currently reading Finding Her Voice by Donna Gartshore. The first line is: "Bridget, I'm going for a quick lunch."

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks like a series I might enjoy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.