Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Ornament Review: Hades - 2022 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Expertly captures Hades
Cons: Slight tip forward when hung
The Bottom Line:
Hades ornament
Captures personality
And looks great also




We Dance, We Kiss, We Schmooze, We Go Home Happy, and You Put Me on Your Tree.

I have collected a lot of Disney character ornaments over the years, but I’m not sure I have any of the characters from Hercules.  I fixed that this year with this limited-edition ornament of Hades, which Hallmark released to celebrate the movie’s 25th anniversary.

This ornament captures Hades perfectly.  He’s standing with his hand extended like he’s just made a point.  His hair is a blue flame, although it’s small at the moment.  And around him are the puffs of smoke that he glides on.

Looking at this ornament, I can hear James Woods’ voice as the character.  Even without sound or motion or anything, they’ve captured the look and personality of the character perfectly, and I love it.

This ornament is on the bigger size.  However, it isn’t quite as heavy as it first appears.  You’ll want to pick a medium sized branch to hang it on at a minimum, but it doesn’t have to be the largest branches you have.  He does tip forward ever so slightly when you go to hang him, but that’s no surprise since the ring is on the back of his neck.  And it’s mostly noticeable if you are watching for it, so it’s no big deal.

All the smoke that Hades is coming up from makes for a nice base.  As a result, you can set him out to enjoy anywhere you want all year long.

While I’m not the biggest villain fan in the world, I am definitely glad that I bought this Hades ornament.  It’s a fun addition to my Disney character ornament collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.