Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Ornament Review: Happy Halloween! #10 - Witch's Brew - 2022 Hallmark Release

Stars: 4 out of 5
Pros: Cute second witch for this series
Cons: Does tip back noticeably
The Bottom Line:
Brewing a potion
A cute second witch entry
Will make fans happy



Brewing Up a Fun Tenth Entry

I almost didn’t get this year’s entry in the Happy Halloween! ornament series.  I don’t have room for too many more Halloween ornaments, and we are circling back to a theme we visited earlier in the series.  Yet, it still came home with me, and I’m glad.

We get the second witch of the series this year (a witch was the first ornament in the series).  This time, instead of flying around on a broom, the witch is in front of her cauldron.  She’s stirring some green concoction in a cauldron sitting over a fire.  She’s wearing a teal dress with a purple cloak.  Painted behind her are the shadows of tree branches against a night sky with an owl sitting in front of a full moon.  As always, this is all framed within a pumpkin’s face.  He’s got a nice big grin, allowing us to see all of this.

Once again, the emphasis is on cute over scary, which is the reason I gave in and started collecting the series a couple years after it came out.  If you look closely at the witch’s face, it looks a little odd (at least on mine), but overall, this is a cute ornament.

Which is why I am glad I wound up buying it.  I think I’ll be taking this series on a year by year basis going forward, but I’m glad I’ve added this ornament to my collection.

As is always the case with this series, the pumpkin gives us a nice solid base, so you can set this ornament out if you so desire.  I’ll have to do that with some of my Halloween collection at this point.  You’ll also find the 10 in a Christmas tree series marker on the bottom of the ornament.

This ornament has a very decided tip to it when you go to hang it.  I’m a little surprised since I can’t quite figure out why that would be and the rest of the series doesn’t have such noticeable tips.  Maybe this is an ornament for me to display next to my stand come October.

Even with that tip, I do still enjoy this year’s Happy Halloween! ornament.  If you’ve been collecting this series, you’ll be happy with it as well.

Check out the rest of the Happy Halloween! series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.