Saturday, December 23, 2023

December 23rd's Weekly TV Thoughts

Lego Masters (12/18) – I’m so happy they are doing the holiday version again.  This first night was fun.  Honestly, I’m not quite sure how the judges are picking because all of these builds are great.  I mean those trains?  Fabulous.  Not sure how much I would watch the movies, but they looked like fun to try at least once.  And the scenes were outstanding.

Lego Masters (12/19) – Two more great challenges.  I was impressed with how some of the teams handled some hard songs to do, and the choir was awesome!  For the first challenge, driving the snow plows around was just fun.  I think I have a rare disagreement with the judges, however.  I think the Three Ships and Twelve Days were the better two song builds.  Not that any of them were bad, but those were my favorites.

Percy Jackson – It’s been so long since I read the books (or watch the movie), that I can’t comment on how close these are to the books.  But it felt close.  Either way, I enjoyed it a lot.  We’re two episodes in, and we’ve essentially set up the main plot of the story, so that’s why this works better than a movie.  But I also didn’t feel like it was dragging.

The Challenge – Nice to see another week where someone beat the vet who came back.  I’m already rooting for them to do that.  But I bet he’s back in the arena next week.

Survivor – I don’t know that I had anyone I was rooting for or against tonight.  I am happy with the outcome, however.  I do wonder how long the showmance will go on.  I am kind of rooting for them, but some of those moves might hurt once they leave Fiji.  I was impressed by the tone of the final tribal.  I don’t always watch when it gets too contentious, but I felt like they were pretty respectful, and their reactions to the votes and the cheering during the “reunion” were great.  Still miss seeing all the players and still wish we got more reunion.

2 comments:

  1. I'm almost finished with the 16-episode Hometown Cha Cha Cha series on Netflix. Gave me a lot of insight into Korean social customs as this was set in a small town in South Korea, with a variety of interesting characters. It is of course, a love story.

    Happy holidays to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Survivor, although I wasn't really rooting for the person who won. I kept changing my mind throughout the show. I'd be surprised if the showmance lasted too long. All in all, I thought it was a decent season.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.