Saturday, December 2, 2023

December 2nd's Weekly TV Thoughts

The Santa Clauses (11/22) – Things are spinning out of control.  It’s almost like that’s what happens when you keep secrets.  And almost everyone seems to be keeping them right now.  It makes for a funny story, and I’m curious how long they can keep this all going.

The Challenge (11/22) – This should only be an hour long show.  I don’t need all that drama each episode.  Fortunately, I have a fast forward button on my remote.  I was glad to see Big T make it back into the house.  What a challenge.  And the mud looked like fun, but it certainly didn’t sound like it smelled fun.  Yuck!

Survivor (11/22) – Jeff and the other producers are a bit too twist happy these days.  We’ve had what, one tribal, since the merge where everyone was voting and only the winner wasn’t on the block?  Seriously, I’d like to see them play the game a bit in between all the twists.  While I usually root for the underdog, I feel sorry to Jake.  It looks like he’s just sticking around because he can be used, not because anyone is actually willing to work for him, but we’ll see.

The Amazing Race (11/22) – Wasn’t surprised to see Robbin and Chelsea eliminated.  They’ve been struggling for a few weeks, and they got lost again.  Not as lost as the high school sweet hearts, but they had a bigger lead.  I’m not sorry to see Robbin and Chelsea eliminated since they’d been fighting off and on most of the race.  This episode, they seemed to be getting along much better, which I loved.  I’ve got a couple of teams I want gone now, but we’ll see if they pull it together or not.  I feel like the Beards are the only weak team left.  The other have had moments, but those two seem to constantly struggle and constantly be at the back of the pack.

Weakest Link – I wasn’t sure what I’d think of the Christmas themed episode, but it turned out to be lots of fun.  I couldn’t believe it when they made a complete chain right off the bat.  Trying to remember if I’ve ever seen that before.  Obviously, that didn’t continue (and they started to bank), but still very impressive.  And it helped lead to a great bank at the end.

Dancing with the Stars – That was a surprise at the end.  You could tell Alyson thought she was going home.  I figured she was, too.  Her dances were great, but the others were better.  Heck, everyone was shocked.  I’m glad all the couples went through and their scores will be building on this week’s.  I think we are in for some fun freestyles.

Wipeout – I was kind of hoping that the one woman would get her redemption after coming in second all those years ago.  But my money was on the bowlers.  Or I just wanted them to make it further since I have enjoyed bowling in the past.  I was shocked at how quickly they made it through the final course.  Wow!

Press Your Luck – Lots of back and forth in this episode, first of all between the two people who didn’t whammy out in the first round and then with getting prizes (and expensive ones) and then hitting the whammy in the bonus round.  She still got lots dollar wise, but wow was that a roller coaster.

The Santa Clauses – Nice to get the rest of the backstory.  Also nice they mentioned Bernard again.  I think we are in serious trouble next week, but since it is the finale, I’m sure they will work it out some way.  I just can’t see how they will at this point.  I hope some of the character arcs don’t get rushed in their effort to wrap things up.

The Challenge – More money and another player gone.  I’m still not connecting too much with anyone, mainly because I find all the drama stuff boring.  People get mad when they are selected to compete at the end.  We get it.  I think there’s a reason I haven’t watched this show much in the past.

Survivor – Bruce is gone!  I’m not sure how much he was irritating me vs. how much everyone’s reactions to him were irritating me.  But I do love the fact that they outsmarted him and he left with an idol in his pocket.  That does seem fitting somehow.  I’m surprised at how many people hit emotional walls in this episode.  We’ve seen it happen before, but this seems like quite a few to happen all at once.  Not a criticism.  I definitely get it.  But just surprising seeing so many this week.

The Amazing Race – As if to prove me wrong from what I said after last week’s episode, the beards came in first this week!  Granted, it helped that three of the teams got lost.  Wasn’t that upset with who went home.  And I’ve got to say I was so frustrated by the father and son helping the father and daughter team like they did.  Granted, getting them off the bus wasn’t really on purpose.  But she was yelling at the driver to drive off and leave them behind.  I would have loved it if he had done that and they had gotten eliminated because of it.

Lego Masters – All of those roller coasters were impressive.  I agree with the judge’s decision, but I can see why they were saying it was so hard.  It really truly could have gone either way.  And I think I want to ride all of those coasters.  They’d be perfectly safe in real life, right?

1 comment:

  1. I think I am one episode ahead of you in Amazing Race and what an episode it was! The daughter in the father/daughter team really drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.