Sunday, December 24, 2023

Ornament Review: Radiator Springs Pals - 2023 Hallmark Release

Stars: 5 out of 5
Pros: Three more miniature Cars characters
Cons: Nothing major
The Bottom Line:
Three Cars characters
Shrunk to miniature size
Pixar fans will like



Three More Cars Characters for Your Mini Tree

Last year, Hallmark released several themed mini tree sets that included some ornaments, a specialty topper, and a tree skirt.  While I only bought the two mini ornaments from the Cars collection, I was happy to add more ornaments this year with the Radiator Springs Pals set.

 Yes, this is a three miniature ornament set featuring some of the supporting characters from the Cars movies.  Up first is Doc Hudson.  He’s decked out in dark blue with his racing decals on him.  Next comes Sally, who is light blue.  Finally, we get Ramon, who is a metallic purplish pink color with flames on the side.  They look like the characters do in the movies, including eyes in the windshields.

While these are miniature ornaments, they are still scaled correctly.  That means that Sally is the smallest, with Doc Hudson being almost as big as Ramon.  Sally’s about an inch long, Ramon isn’t quite two inches long.  As long as you know the sizes, you’ll be fine.

Since these are cars, they rest of their wheels.  No, the wheels don’t turn.  I think that would be just a little too much for something of this size.  You could leave them out to be displayed if you wanted to without fear of them rolling away, but it does seem like it would be easy to lose them even so.

These ornaments hang essentially flat.  There’s a little tip to Doc and Sally, but you have to be watching for it to notice it.

I like my ornament mix of memories, traditional winter themes, and pop culture characters.  That made this set a no brainer for me.  It’s nice to get some of the other Pixar characters, and not the ones we usually get.

So I’m enjoying having Radiator Springs Pals on my miniature trees this year.  If you like the Cars movies, you’ll want to pick them up as well.

2 comments:

  1. Will you be posting pictures of your Christmas tree? After reading your ornament reviews, I'm curious to see it in all its glory! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that I will be sharing any this year. Sorry. I haven't even taken any yet.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.