Saturday, December 30, 2023

December 30th's Weekly TV Thoughts

Extended Family (12/23) – I feel like this is one of those shows that should work on paper but probably won’t in reality.  I’ll give it another couple of tries beyond the pilot because the pilot is often weak.  But I really didn’t find the episode at all funny.  Instead, it was painful in how hard it was trying to be funny.

Night Court (12/23) – What happened to the bailiff?  I’m assuming they will be writing him out in the real season two premier?  Or am I forgetting something from the first season finale?  Either way, they were definitely trying too hard.  Still.  I had hoped the writers would have found their rhythm better before season two started.

Percy Jackson and the Olympians – I was a bit surprised they were there already, but once the episode started, I did remember this came this quickly in the book, too.  Well done.  I’d forgotten how they outsmarted everyone (although I’m not sure this followed the book completely).  Still, fun and some good character and team building, too.

The Challenge – The competition they had early on?  No thank you.  I had eating challenges like that.  I’m happy for the contestants – two weeks in a row they managed to keep their money.  I do hope that streak continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.