Friday, May 24, 2013

Book Beginnings and Friday 56 for May 24th

Morning all.  Here's my Book Beginnings and Friday 56 for the week.

This week's book is Once Upon the End, the third is a Middle Grade fractured fairy tale trilogy by James Riley.  Should finish it today and review it Sunday night.

I love the opening.

Once upon a time, a dragon held a princess captive, and a hero did everything in his power to save her.
This was not that time.

And from page 56 we get:

And that's when he saw a monkey dressed like a pirate robbing the poor blacksmith while a small group of children waved and shouted encouragement.

The entire series is fast paced and fun, fun, fun.

6 comments:

  1. Cute cover for this book. LOVE the beginning!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the cover is fun as well. Heck, the entire book is fun.

      Delete
  2. That is a great opening...I like that last line, especially.

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last line is what makes the opening so absolutely perfect.

      Delete
  3. What a great opening! The second one through me off. It sounds like a fun read :)

    My Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the second one works in context. But it's very fun in context.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.