Thursday, May 30, 2013

Book Beginnings and Friday 56 for May 31

Closing out the month today, and it's Friday!  That means it is time for Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

This week, I've been reading Murder for Choir by Joelle Charbonneau.  I've been enjoying it, and expect to finish it today at lunch time.  Come back this evening for my review.

Anyway, the book starts off with this line:

If Dante ever added a tenth circle of hell, this would be it.

And on page 56 we find:

I hoped my friends wouldn't spill my secrets to strangers or would at least hold out for a decent bribe.  Performers were always short on cash.  I wouldn't blame them for wanting to pay the rent.

So you can see why I'm enjoying this one.  Can't wait to see how it ends.

10 comments:

  1. Ha-ha...especially love the 56, although that opener is great, too.

    Here's MY FRIDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was looking at page 56, that passage jumped out at me. I had to use it.

      Delete
  2. This sounds good - I agree that the 56 cracked me up!

    Here's my Friday Meme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a mystery with plenty of humor. I like that! Great excerpt choices for today's post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more subtle humor, but the humor is in there.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great mystery.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good. I think I suspected just about everyone at some point.

      Delete
  5. Oh man...I'll make sure not to tell these kind of friends my secrets.

    My Hop

    New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not sure how trust worthy they'd wind up being either.

      Thanks!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.