Friday, December 5, 2014

December 5th's Book Beginnings and Friday 56

This week has flown by.  It's hard to believe it's Friday already.  And I have got to get some Christmas shopping done!  But in the mean time, how about this week's Book Beginnings and Friday 56.

I'm reading several Christmas mysteries this month, and one of those is the book I'll be featuring today.  It's Silent Knife, the second Celebration Bay Mystery by Shelley Freydont.




The book starts out with a great first couple of paragraphs.

"Santa's in your office and he's hopping mad."
Liv Montgomery looked from her assistant, Ted, to the closed door of her office.  "He hasn't even come to town.  What seems to be the problem?"

Jumping ahead to page 56, we find:

"While we were at Nancy's, Hank came in.  There was blood on his Santa suit."

I'm hoping to have time to finish the book today, but I've got about 90 pages to go, so it will be iffy.  Especially if I decide to do some of that Christmas shopping after work in addition to the errands I already need to run.  If not, I'm sure I will finish on Saturday, so you can look for my review next week.

12 comments:

  1. I see several of us are highlighting mysteries this week. Mine in a cozy mystery I got from Amazon Vine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I rarely see cozy mysteries on Amazon Vine. Hope it was good.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great read. I love cozy mysteries. I hope Santa gets things sorted out. ^_^
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Santa doesn't get things sorted out, but Liv does.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like the author had a lot of fun with the whole Santa thing: "come to town," etc. The title made me smile too. Hope you're enjoying the story!
    My Friday post features HIDE IN PLAIN SIGHT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this sounds fantastic! I'll definitely have to check this book out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. Hope you enjoy when you read it.

      Delete
  5. I hope Hank is Santa, and he is alright. Would hate to be sitting here visualizing a bloody Santa. :-)
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are partically right and partially wrong, and that's all I'm saying.

      Delete
  6. Sounds really interesting. I hope Santa visit me at my office too :)

    BookBeginning@EverythingNyze

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A visit from Santa at the office? Now that would make the work week lots of fun.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.