Saturday, December 13, 2014

December 13th's Weekly TV Recap

I can remember a time not that long ago when shows took a few weeks off for the holidays, but it wasn't a huge "Mid-season finale."  And they didn't leave us with major cliffhangers.  That's certainly not the case any more.  Some big cliffhangers and surprises this week, that's for sure.  So read on at your risk if you aren't all caught up on a show that I watch.

Once Upon a Time – That was a disappointing climax.  It was a cheat, and I feel like the writers just wrote themselves into a corner and didn’t know what to do.  Up until that point, I was really enjoying the episode.  The way they were fighting with each other was a lot of fun especially.  I’ll be interested to see what happens to Gold next week.  Here’s my full recap.

Castle – The Christmas connection was weak, but it was still a fun episode over all.  However, it was the ending that really got me.  I can’t wait to see what they do with that part of it come next year.  Missed it?  You can read my full recap here.

The Flash – What, who is Reverse Flash?  I knew the “good” doc was up to something, but can that be it?  Reading up on who these characters are in Flash cannon, I think I might be wrong, but it will be interesting to see how they unspool things in the future.

Agents of SHIELD – You know, I’m glad I’m not recapping this show any more.  Apparently, Skye is now an already established member of the Marvel universe, but one I’d never heard of.  I think it is better just to sit back and enjoy.  I thought they were going to kill off two or three other characters before the one they did kill.  Definitely sorry to see him go, although they certainly have a few expendable characters on the show right now.

Arrow – I did not see that coming.  Seriously, I did not see that coming.  I figured I knew how the episode was going to end.  I mean, he’s the main character.  So where are the writers going from here?  It will probably be a cheat, but for now I will enjoy such a great episode.  Because yes, everything leading up to that was great, too.

Survivor – Well, Natalie got her way.  Not that I loved Jon, but her hatred just so surprised me.  Plus I just don’t like her still.  Wish she’d gotten off my TV when her Twinie did.

Melissa & Joey – There were parts I enjoyed, like the guest stars they brought in.  Yet on the whole it was about 3 times as long as it needed to be.  The few moments that were fun (like the references to modern stuff) were drown in the rest of it.  And I know it was supposed to be unbelievable, but still, it just didn’t work for me.

Baby Daddy – I don’t think it was that I was in a bah humbug mood, but this episode really didn’t do much for me either.  This plot has been done so many times before, and this just felt like a retread.  A few laughs, but that’s about it.

The Big Bang Theory – Now here was a Christmas episode I could at least get behind.  The Clean Room plot didn’t have much to do with the holiday, but Sheldon buying a gift for Amy to put her in her place was hilarious.  And the ending was so very sweet.

White Collar – So why doesn’t Neal want Mozzie involved?  Who killed the Interpol guy?  And we only have one episode left?  I can see them wrapping things up in one episode, but there’s a lot to wrap up with.  I just hope I do like the ending.

Covert Affairs – Well, we’ve got lots of overwhelming odds to go in the next episode.  Looks like an explosive, action packed final.  But what didn’t work?  “I love you.”  Really?  That felt so forced.  And considering how much she hated him, didn’t work for me.  And I’m still not enjoying the prostitute story.  Just such a cliché.

The Amazing Race – Wow, they’ve actually really changed things around this season.  Four teams on the final leg with a surprise elimination along the way?  I can’t wait to see how all this plays out next time.  Still rooting Adam and Bethany on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. In order to combat spam, I moderate most comments. I'll get to your comment as soon as I can.